Review L W and W Movie Here

About the movie
grondmaster

Post#1 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:31 pm

Please don't post major SPOILERS in this thread, in case there are people who remain unfamiliar with the the story. If you do, then mark your post as containing spoilers so the uninitiated can stop reading.

After watching the new Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe movie, write your reviews here as well as comment on the reviews of others.
'Share and enjoy'

fingolfin

Post#2 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:20 pm

Saw it yesterday, all in all I was impressed, but if you arent urged to acts of extreme violence against the children out of pure irritaion then your a better person than I.

elanorraine

Post#3 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:05 am

Hm, I didn't think the children were that irritating.

I was very pleased with the movie: in particular I thought the Lion was well done. I must re-read the book before I see it again; the better to appreciate the art of transforming a book to a movie. I've already got a catalog of little differences going in my head: character changes, plot devices, & etc.

grondmaster

Post#4 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:57 pm

So I went to see this movie yesterday and it was a good one. The location, costumes, cinematography and computer generated graphics were magnificent. The kids were good, though Peter was a bit stiff. I think Lucy stole the show. I didn't come away with any of the music still in my head, it was unobtrusive, yet seemed to fit. I will probably buy the DVD.

WARNING: POSSIBLE MINOR SPOILERS so don't read any more of this post if you don't already know the story.

The only changes I saw concerned:

1) The cause of the four children entering the wardrobe: in the movie it was a sunny day and an errant cricket ball through a stained glass window; while my recollection of the book seems to say it was a rainy day and the children were trying to keep away from a tour of the mansion that kept following them where ever they ran.

2) The movie White Witch had to stab the Narnians to turn them to stone, but in the book she only had to wave her magic wand.

3) Peter didn't have a sword to sword fight with the White Witch in the book. Of course I could be wrong on these last two, for I haven't read the book for a couple of years and maybe the TV series has clouded my mind.

I laughed at the "Giddy up Horsy!" and 'My name is Phillip.' gag.
'Share and enjoy'

elanorraine

Post#5 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:48 am

lol. I laughed at Phillip the horse's line too.

Then I thought "hm, didn't lewis specifically state in one of the chronicles (I think it was "The Silver Chair" and/or "The Horse and His Boy") that, in Narnia, no one ever dreamed of riding a talking horse except in extremely dire emergencies? but maybe battles were an exception; maybe royalty was an exception....

lindir

Post#6 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:17 pm

I saw the film this afternoon and think it was as good as it could possibly have been. I didn't know what to expect as film adaptations of books can be disappointing; but I was impressed. (I laughed at Philip the horse's line too.)

mellon

Post#7 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:32 am

I saw the movie yesterday with my children and we loved it !!! My son is the only one who had read it , but I found it very nice . The witch was very good a really bad woman..cold and nasty . I loved the LION and I think All of the children did a great job !! The yongest one Lucy really reminded me about my youngest daugther ,, Im going to buy it on DVD but First I will read the rest of the books

Loss

Post#8 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:41 am

I saw it about 2 weeks ago, i thought it was good, the story line followed the book well, and the graphics were very good for Aslan the Great Lion. It does have some sort of religious tone to it, got to think about apart of it i wont say what as its one of the 'spoilers'. Overall, i thought it was very good, and can easily get u thinking about reading them again or for the first time!

eva lilith

Post#9 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:59 am

I liked it a lot. I have to go read the books again now, because I’m not sure if the differences I noted were from the books or just the TV series. I suspect most of them are different from the books as well, because a lot of them seemed to be for dramatic effect and I don’t really trust Disney to be accurate… But the graphics were excellent, and it was pretty faithful. I really only had a couple of nit-picky issues with it… there are a couple of things that are not explained in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe directly that are a lot more meaningful if you have read The Magician’s Nephew, and anyone who hasn’t read the books isn’t going to understand them— like why there’s a lamp-post in the middle of nowhere. I do understand that they had to make TLWW first, because no one is going to come to TMN, since a lot fewer people have heard of it. But it makes me a little sad. Also, they didn’t have the poem about Aslan in the movie, even though there’s a line of it on Peter’s sword (“When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,”). I thought they could have made the movie half a minute longer and put that in the conversation with the beaver’s when they were telling the children who Aslan was.

D-Rob

Post#10 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:46 pm

I saw the movie and I was overall pleased with the entire thing. However, as I have frequently helped my brother with his animation studies, I found several animation "glitches", but I don't suppose that it really matters because only I notice stupid things like that when I ought to be enjoying the movie. I just uploaded my avatar. Like it?

Return to “The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe”