Rivendell / Imladris

Ungoliant

Rivendell / Imladris

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The movie didn't have walls either, eh? *mutter, mutter, grumble*

So how did PJ portray that delightful scene where Gandalf stuck his head through the window & said, "Then you certainly would not be going, Pippin!". T'was one of my favourite parts of the book, that was.

Don't tell me - they left it out, right? Dang! :(

PlasticSquirrel

Rivendell / Imladris

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

100 % correct Golly! And I didn't picture Rivendell like that either I must say. Far too open and airy for a place that's supposed to be big and full of warm fires and hot drinks and cheery song.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

chikakat

Rivendell / Imladris

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I always pictured Rivendell as my grandparent's house, just kind of expanded. The movie version was very much different than what I had in my head, but I kind of went in figuring it'd be different, considering that probably not so many people had the same thoughts as me...

PlasticSquirrel

Rivendell / Imladris

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Not unless they'd been to your grandparents house eh?

grondmaster

Rivendell / Imladris

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Like has been said elsewhere, PJ's Rivendale was too fairy-elf like and not the half-elven Last Homey House from the Hobbit, especially as Frodo and company were there in December.

My vision would be like a warm ski lodge with carved oaken beams, roaring fires, good food, drinks, stories, cheer, and lots of cozy nooks for curling up with a good book or to have a private talk. :)
'Share and enjoy'

Ungoliant

Rivendell / Imladris

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

That's how I've always thought of it, too. Sad to hear it's not. I'm finding more and more reasons to not watch the movie when it shows here next week. :(

grondmaster

Rivendell / Imladris

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Then go see it and pick out the parts you do like, as well as see if you can provide any more light (or darkness if you must) on our staff and sword problems. I got caught up in the action and forgot to look for them most of the time. :)
'Share and enjoy'

chikakat

Rivendell / Imladris

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ungoliant you definitely have to go see it! It's a great movie...granted, it's different than the book, but it's still really really good. Don't let our whining get you down...and then when you see it, come back and whine with us! :D

PlasticSquirrel

Rivendell / Imladris

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I always pictured it a bit like the Camelot scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, only without the singing tap-dancing knights and stuff :D

Boring

Rivendell / Imladris

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

lol :P

I always pictured it as a large charlet ... lots high roofs... a sort like Hagrids cabin only larger and more rooms :P

Return to “Places”