What is your favourite place on Middle-earth?

MelliotSandybanks

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Einar,

I would have to say that my favorite place in ME would be either Rivendell or Lorien. I would gladly live in either place, since they sound soooooooooooo beautiful.

Mellie.

chikakat

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I always liked Hobbiton...seems so peaceful and nice...Lorien and Rivendell seem beautiful for a visit, but I don't know if I could live there.

grondmaster

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think Rivendell prior to Elrond's leaving is my favorite place. I would enjoy talking to Bilbo, Elrond, the Elves, and the Rangers, when they stopped over. Good friends, good food, good drink, and good stories. I suppose I'd have to clean the stables or peel taters or some such thing to earn my keep, seeing as how my poetry can't rival Bilbo's, my singing stinks, and I put people to sleep with my stories. :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

valedhelgwath

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think with my background, for me it would have to be the Grey Havens. I imagine bustling elven ports, windswept rocky beaches with spray catching the breeze from the breaking waves, and rolling hills rising into the Blue Mountains. A land in which you can find both busy streets and quiet valleys.

MelliotSandybanks

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Wow, Val, after reading your answer I wanna go with you.

Grondy, you and I can peel taters together, (I gotta see the twins. I would live anywhere they are!!) although they would probably kick me out of the kitchen, and send me out to clean up after the animals. I am much better at taking care of animals than food. I would probably make Elrond ill or something even worse, the twins ill. (Oh! the Horror!!) It is pretty sad when you can make an immortal ill from just cooking for him. ( and the way to a man's heart is suppose to be his stomach. Wonder if that is true for elves too.)

Mellie

Addi

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I´d put Rivendell in first place of all other places on Middle-Earth. :D

valedhelgwath

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Welcome to Planet Tolkien, Addi. As this is our Virtual Rivendell, I'm sure you will have a great time here.
Wow, Val, after reading your answer I wanna go with you.
So do I, Mellie. :)

Frodotheringbearer

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

My favorite place is Isengard :funnylaugh: :funnylaugh: :funnylaugh: :funnylaugh:

Return to “Places”