Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Tolkien Psychological Wording

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Current Games > Tolkien Psychological Wording   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] >>
Gondor
Boromir
Helm Hammerhand, the relation was the horn.

And Grondy I have posted the thread under the title Name of Character. It is up for discussion.
Grond, 'Hammer of the Underworld'

I saw it.
Fingolfin.
Bullroarer (Bandobras) Took, invented the game of golf. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Sunderbans.
Thunder storms
Morgoth
Melkor
Ungoliant light eating spider
Shelob
Galadriel
Earendil
Silmaril
Arkenstone
Oakenshield
Orcrist
Glamdring
Sting - The short-sword of Bilbo's, that is not afraid of spiders Super Scared SmilieElf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie.
Attercop
Ungoliant - Mother of smaller attercops Baby Girl Smilie.
Two Trees of Valinor
The Two Lamps of the Valar
Feanor

Is attercop another word for spider? It's always had me scratching my head..
Those artifacts, which led to so much strife in Middle-earth over the ages.

I always figured the names Attercop and Tomnoddy were insulting to spiders; though I have never tried using either of them against the spiders who live in some corners of my apartment with my forbearance. I have never wanted to make them angry and come after me, even if they are much smaller than those Bilbo encountered in Mirkwood.
Earendil
Earendil again, Thorin?!

Ok it is Telperion for me then!
Laurelin
Yavanna
Eagles and Ents
Orthanc
Barad-dûr
Tower
Finrod Felagund

Guys, I have changed my profile user name from Undomiel to Estel because of the gender confusion it seemed to create! I was thinking why can't a male be an Evenstar of his people.
Amarië
Namarie

You know what Grondy I ve been posting the name change everywhere and all I received was a single mail from a compassionate soul.
Bye-bye Merry, Pippin, and Sam. I'm off to see the Valar.

Such is life Estel; sometimes you just have to play the hand you are dealt and live with it. Happy Elf Smilie
Gilthoniel a Elbereth!
Frodo

I imagine the gender confusion stemmed from the fact that the name Undomiel, or Evenstar, is nearly always associated with Arwen, who is obviously female. Then people would have assumed that you named yourself Undomiel because you like the character Arwen and subsequently (though I suppose this is slightly sexist) that you're a girl. The thought that Undomiel could be applied to a man or a woman wouldn't cross most people's minds without explanation.
That got a bit longer than I expected. Wink Smilie
Baggins Shire

That was satisfactory. You know wat Fornac, Evenstar is named so for Earendil who bears the Silmaril. Earendil when last I saw or read was a male!

Another thorn in my side. Up for anyone to answer: do you think any of the elves of the High Kindred were left in Middle Earth after the Third Age was over?
I didn't know if I was supposed to open a forum on this Grondy. So I've posted it here knowing not where to!
Four Farthings

Estel: open a new thread under General Discussion with your question. Because more members will see it that way, you will get a lot better discussion.
Emyn Beriad the Tower Hills!
Elostirion
Eldamar
Faerie
The Hobbit
Bilbo B-a-double-g-i-n-s, Baggins.
Gross! Orc Grinning Smilie
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] >>