As I just mentioned over in the ROTK trailer thread a minute ago, a few retailers here in the states have already started selling copies of the theatrical TTT DVD. A number of people have already managed to purchase the DVD, and are reporting on the contents of the exclusive SEE TTT DVD preview included on TTT theatrical DVD. I thought I would post a report here by a trusted source that has seen the preview first hand for anyone interested. This information pertains to what is included in the SEE TTT DVD. Thanks to Randy Savage over at CoE for the info!
The preview of the extended version of TTT makes it clear, that it will blow the Theatrical Version out of the water (much more so than the FotR SE did to the TE). At least three of the editions will be epic moments (Theodred’s funeral, the Huorn Attack and the Celebration at Osgiliath), unlike the mostly quieter moments of FOTR SE). The preview got my heart pumping. Bring on November.
The SEE TTT Preview, shot-by-shot:
- Saruman looking through his book, Grima stands in the shadows: “So Gandalf Greyhame thinks he has found Isildur’s heir, the lost king of Gondor. He is a fool.”
- At a camp on the Rohan Plains, Aragorn and Gandalf talk strategy: “Sauron fears what you may become, and so he will strike hard and fast at the world of men. We must trust now in Frodo.”
- Fords of Isen in pouring rain [beautiful shot!], bodies everywhere.
- Sam & Frodo climbing down a huge mountain with the rope. Sam: “Can you see the bottom?” Fro: “No. Aaaarrrggh!!!” He falls into the fog.
- The forest of Fangorn slowly moves down the hillside [looks great!]. Pip: [from TB’s back] “Look the trees, they’re moving!” TB: “They have business with the orcs.”
- Frodo in Henneth Annun: “If something has happened to Boromir, then we would have you tell us.” Faramir: “His horn washed up on the riverbank. It was cloven in two.”
- Faramir wades in Anduin as low-lying elven boat passes by.
- Boromir, in full armor, joyously hugging Faramir. Faramir’s lieutenant stands in the background.
- Frodo looking nervous in Emyn Muil.
- Tearful Eowyn at funeral.
- Aragorn looking happy on plains of Rohan, daytime.
- Aerial shot of a rider (Grima) galloping towards orthanc.
- Grishnak approaches M&P from behind (preview shot). Pip: “They think we have the ring!” Merry: “Shhhh!”
- Taking Ent Draught. Merry: [accusingly] “You’re taller!” Pip: [brushing him off]: “I’ve always been taller than you.” Merry: “[suspicious] You did something.” [quite a comic scene, I am relieved].
- Soldiers of Gondor celebrate in Osgiliath. Boromir gives a smiling Faramir a chalice of beer. “Remember today, little brother. Today, life is good.” Cheers!
- Boromir pulls a peeved-looking Denethor into a side room during the celebration. Boromir: [pleadingly] “He loves you, father.” Denethor: “Do not trouble me with Faramir. I know his uses and they are few.” [Noble does a good job.] Boromir looks upset.
- Gollum, Frodo and Sam wade through water just before entering the sewers. Faramir violently grabs Gollum by the neck and throws him.
- Lots of citizens and royal knights gather as a very dead Theodred is carried to his burial mound.
- Boromir perches on top of a tower in Osgiliath and plants a large white Flag of Gondor. Many hundreds of knights and rangers cheer below him. [pretty epic shot]. Boromir: “This city has been reclaimed for Gondor!” Cheering.
- Gollum cups his face in his hands in Emyn Muil, F&S are in background.
- Frodo looks stressed in Emyn Muil.
- Aragorn and Arwen speak at dawn in Rivendell.
- Eowyn obsessing over Aragorn in the stables.
- Aragorn, the horse whisperer.
- Boromir in boat, quite dead and submerged.
- Boromir setting out for Rivendell on horseback, Faramir looks distressed.
- M&P walking in waste-deep water, picking up floating apples.
- Gimli smoking while sitting on a dead Uruk (we’ve all seen the photo).
- Legolas in armor, on foot, loosing an arrow in daylight. (must have to do with the competition, I bet he shoots the tie-breaking orc).
- Gollum spazzing out in Emyn Muil.
- Brego rearing in the stable.
- Merry getting squeezed in Fangorn.
- Running through the sewers. (they look cool).
- Treebeard bending down to peak into the flooded larder (maybe dropping off M&P).
- Eomer carrying Theodred on horseback.
- Gandalf looks stunned at the arrival of the Huorns.
- Treebeard puts down a sleeping M&P on the forest floor.
- Uruks run into the forest of Huorns.
- Eomer rides in front of Gandalf, Theoden and the Riders of Rohan. Eomer: “Keep away from the trees!”
- Frodo fondles the Ring in the Dead Marshes. Gollum: “Once it takes ahold of us it never lets go.”
I'm going to go nuts waiting till November!