Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: What does your signature come from?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Green Dragon > What does your signature come from?   << [1] [2]
I love it Aule,very funny Big Laugh Smilie
Hehhehe thank you LadyFeawen Big Laugh Smilie
Though it took me awhile to come up with my signaure it's based on the LOTR but I pretty much made it up myself.
Very nice Moonstar Thumbs Up Smilie Big Smile Smilie
I like your new one LadyFea! Very touching
Yours is very pretty moonstar!
Quote:
If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them.
I totally agree with Andrea, I had just copied it and was looking for a place to paste it and tell you how much I liked it! Big Smile Smilie
Thanks ladys,I think I might just begin to like it more the my other one Big Smile Smilie
Thanks LadyFea and Andrea; I think yours are cool too!

Your mother would be proud LadyFea. Cool Smilie
My sig comes from the yet to be released movie "The Matrix Revolutions" from a scene between the Oracle and Neo.
Mine comes from a passage I like from the Unfinished Tales.
Quote:
Saruman was little appeased by this answer (for he hated mockery, however gentle), and he said then coldly: "You jest, Lord Mithrandir, as is your way. I know well enough that you have become a curious explorer of the small: weeds, wild things, and childish folk. Your time is your own to spend, if you have nothing worthier to do; and your friends you may make as you please. But to me the days are too dark for wanderers' tales, and I have no time for the simples of peasants."
Gandalf did not laugh again; and he did not answer, but looking keenly at Saruman he drew on his pipe and sent out a great ring of smoke with many smaller rings that followed it. Then he put up his hand, as if to grasp them, and they vanished. With that he got up and left Saruman without another word; but Saruman stood for some time silent, and his face was dark with doubt and displeasure.
I like it Arco,at least it has something to do with Lord of The Rings Wink Smilie
Mine came from the lyric of the song 'Real World' by matchbox twenty.
Mine is from Fistful of Steel, by Rage Against the Machine.
Here it is ... chapter 11 of The Silmarillion:

Quote:
But at that last word of Feanor: that at the least the Noldor should do deeds to live in song for ever, he raised his head, as one that hears a voice far off, and he said: 'So shall it be! Dear-bought those songs shall be accounted, and yet shall be well-bought. For the price could be not other. Thus even as Eru spoke to us shall beauty not before conceived be brought into Ea, and evil yet be good to have been.'
But Mandos said: 'And yet remain evil. To me shall Feanor come soon.'

That sig is my motto: I think it's just truth, nothing else!

Namarie!
Since it has been awhile, the source of my signature was posted on page one of this thread on 27/3/2003 at 03:55 in case any of you new people missed it. :elfembar:
My signature is from The Silmarillion, either the Valaquenta or the Ainduindal (is that how you spell it?). It is where Yavanna and Aul are talking about the creation of earth. He is talking about making the rain, and Yavanna talks about what she did for the trees to receive the rain. Something like that. Since my name contains Yavanna, I thought it would be appropriate for my signature to be one of Her quotes. Plus I love trees. What can I say, I'm a neo-hippie.
My signature is Italian, stolen from a song.
Meaning...?
Sorry i can't tell you Metalhelm... this is a family-friendly site.
Hmmm ... I knew I should've taken that Italian course ... now I would've known! Well, I will find out!

Namarie!
Quote:
Sorry i can't tell you Metalhelm... this is a family-friendly site.
I hope your joking virumor, because if not you will be severely punished either by losing your privileges or being sentenced to sit thru three successive showings of LotR: The Two Towers without any popcorn or side-trips to the loo. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

[Edited on 14/11/2003 by Grondmaster]
Hmm Virumor,when you told me what your signature men't I didn't remember thinking it was dirty at all,or maybe I just didn't look close enough? Angel Smilie
Quote:
I hope your joking virumor, because if not you will be severely punished either by losing your privileges or being sentenced to sit thru three successive showings of LotR: The Two Towers without any popcorn or side-trips to the loo.

First of all : what privileges? U guys delete all my movie-related posts... And three successive showings of TTT ain't that bad, maybe this could solve my current sleeping problems. And i need a good laugh, be it green or not.
And i think Treebeard would be the best choice to sit through TREE successive showings of TTT... (hahaha)

Quote:
Hmm Virumor,when you told me what your signature men't I didn't remember thinking it was dirty at all,or maybe I just didn't look close enough?

Dunno, it contains the word 'sangue' which is blood. So maybe i should put 'Parental Guidance : Explicit Signature' in front of it. I'll see what i can do.

[Edited on 14/11/2003 by virumor]
Well, my signatures have been, is and will be my own creations!!
Quote:

..... So maybe i should put 'Parental Guidance : Explicit Signature' in front of it......

And what about me?
I just made this signature up one day. It's adressed to a special person, but I'm not sure if that person know it or not..
Quote:
I just made this signature up one day. It's adressed to a special person, but I'm not sure if that person know it or not..
And your signature is sometimes too lengthy such that "hand ..." sometimes slops over on to line four, which is a no, no. Moderator Smilie Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
mine comes from an event in pt chat where I suddenly realized it.....Im trying to find a new better one though...
Quote:
Quote:
And your signature is sometimes too lengthy such that "hand ..." sometimes slops over on to line four, which is a no, no. Moderator Smilie Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

No, Grondy when I wrote this signature I made especially sure that including spacing and all the little dots, it was no longer than 255 characters, which is the written limit on signatures. Therefore I claim that it is not too long. If the rule was stated differently, I wouldn't have chosed this signature, since I am aware of that it slopes over to the fourth line, but since it says exactly: "255 characters max." and mine is 221 characters, it is fully acceptable and I do not see a reason to moderate it.
Quote:
"255 characters max." and mine is 221 characters, it is fully acceptable and I do not see a reason to moderate it.
Sheesh, another sea-lawyer who knows the letter of the law per "Change your Info" rather than the Rule 5e.a under Website Help via My Account. Deal Smilie

Hmmm? Maybe that is why no one has had the heart to turn it off on you. Angel Smilie
Well, it's not like I would go through the forums to look for a thread I don't even know exists that contradicts a clear statement under "Change your info".

However if you want to turn it off, go ahead. I will still think that it was unnecessary and that the signature is fully acceptable, but I will not rise against postAuthorIDity in this case, it would be a waste of a good forum for me.
My signature will explain the question too!
Why all the fuzz bout a little thing like a signature? Seems all like a storm in a glass water to me.

221 < 255 so it is allowed. Period.

And at least Aire's got a nice signature : i am unable to change mine for some reason, and my signature is getting lame.

[Edited on 12/12/2003 by virumor]
Quote:
Amari senses hurt feelings and will stand up and defend her friend, cause that is what Amari does!
She also likes to talk about herself in the third person. Wink Smilie
Quote:
She also likes to talk about herself in the third person. Wink Smilie
Yes, isn't that what nutcases do? Wink Smilie
Quote:
And your signature is sometimes too lengthy such that "hand ..." sometimes slops over on to line four, which is a no, no.
Quote:
However if you want to turn it off, go ahead. I will still think that it was unnecessary and that the signature is fully acceptable, but I will not rise against postAuthorIDity in this case, it would be a waste of a good forum for me.
Well now you've done it. Amari senses hurt feelings and will stand up and defend her friend, cause that is what Amari does!

There is no need to turn it of anything, I'm sure if Aire only removes a "." or two at the end the hand will pop up where it belongs. You can't punish her for following the rules! (Well you can, but it's not nice. Council members are nice people that is why they haven't done it! Wink Smilie )

The Website Help in My Account begins with
Quote:
For many of you who have perhaps spent a great deal of your time surfing the Net, this guide might be like teaching your Granny to suck eggs
..which I guess is suppose to mean "a waste of time". Why read page after page of something that would only be a waste of time when we know (or thought we knew) that the rules are clearly written in the forum?

While all this blows over, (which it will) the council might like to get their rules organized and decide which rule to keep and which rule to delete because those two version obviously don't go along if there is a long word in the wrong place.

*Amari the fierce lion puts her teeth and claws away and becomes Amari kitty-cat once again.*
Quote:
Yes, isn't that what nutcases do?
Is it? Pere isn't sure. Pere wonders... Animated Wink Smilie
Quote:

Well, isn't that nice, Aire? That reminds of smth:
Quote:
But Ulmo was not deceived, and Tulkas clenched his hands whenever he saw Melkor his foe go by. [...] But they obeyed the judgement of Manwe; for those who will defend postAuthorIDity against rebellion must not themselves rebel.

Silmarillion, Chapter VI

Btw, I think your signature is one of the best!

Namarie!
  << [1] [2]