Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Trivia: Barad-dur

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > Trivia: Barad-dur   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>
Someone beat me again!!!!!!!! AARRGH!!!!!!!!! That's three times in a row!!!!!!! I've never been in time to answer a question!!!!!!!!! I knew it was seven! I knew ti was!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got The Blues Smilie i'm so sad. No, I'm angry!!!!!!! So Angry Smilie

Heehee, actually I'm not, but will someone give me a chance? I want a bauble!!
Arcormacolindóva gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

What standard did Théoden fell at the Battle of the Pelennor Fields Question Smilie
The Standard of the Haradrim Chieftain, "...black serpent upon scarlet."

Very Evil Smilie
And again. THat's four times. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lord Aelric has the correct answer and the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Who gave Bill Ferny a kick as he fled from the Brandywine Gate Question Smilie
Samwise Gamgee
I think it was Sam's Pony, "Bill" (named after Bill Ferny).
Merry? (I'd actually say Bill, but that's already been said. (Beaten again for the fifth time))
Lord Aelric has it again. Happy Elf Smilie

Please, after anyone gets one right and after the next question is posted, they should as a common courtesy, wait 24 hours before attempting to answer it. That way people in other time zones may get a chance at one.

Who were the Moriquendi Question Smilie
Pick me, pick me, pick me!!!!! THe Moriquendi were the 'Elves of the DArkness!' in the SIlmarillion!!!!

I did it, I did it, oh yeah, yeah, yeah! No eating here tonight, no, no, no eating here tonight, you're on a diet......

I did it! I know it's right, I know, I know, I know!!!!!
Correct Loni, the Moriquendi were those Elves that never saw the light of the two trees in Valinor. So ... Loni finally gets the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Who first cultivated Pipe-weed Question Smilie

Tobold Hornblower? Do I get the pretty bauble this time? *crosses fingers for luck* Elf With a Big Grin Smilie (lol,that smilie is a lil...freaky) Elf Smilie
Tobold Hornblower, A.K.A. Old Toby? Elf Smilie
Blasters! The Hare beat the Elf. Exploding Head Smilie
Yup, LadyFeawen, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Where was Bilbo heading when he passed the Old Took's record for longevity Question Smilie
The Grey Havens

Wiggle Smilie
Guys, I know the question's already been answered, but I just have to say, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!I GOT THE PSEUDO-SILMARIL FINALLY!!!!!! yIPPEE! YIPPEE! cELELBRATE YOUR TIME, COME ON, LET'S CELEBRATE, LET'S CELEBRATE, AND HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!

Alright, just carry on and ignore the freak. Ignore Smilie
No new questions???
We could celebrate to kill time! Pary Smilie
No no no...Let's just wait till Grondy gives us another question. Smile Smilie
Vee gets the shiny-shiny this time. Happy Elf Smilie

Where did Elendil and his sons keep the seven palantiri Question Smilie
Amon Sul
Orthanc
2 in Arthedain
Osgiliath
Minas Ithil
Minas Anor

Am I right, am I right?
You are, Grim, with the mention that those two in Arthedain were at Elostirion (Emyn Beraid) and Annuminas.
Grimwump gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

What happened when the Brandywine froze over in the Fell Winter Question Smilie
Wolves happened. Big nasty ones with sharp teeth and a hunger for hobbitses.
There was narrative about this on Caradhras. Only BIlbo remembered when it last snowed, and this was it. The Brandywine froze over, and the White WOlves crossed it, and I still won't get the pseudo-Silmaril because it's already been said!!!!

Heehee, I've already got on pseudo-Silmaril on my trophy shelf but I really really want another! Mwah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah! (Please pretned that was in bold, italics, underline, and caps lock, because I can't be bothered doing so myself)
Daisy gets the pretty bauble for her answer. Happy Elf Smilie

What did Bilbo twice ask Gandalf for Question Smilie

Quote:
Grimwump gets the Pseudo-Silmaril.

My very first one!!

Smile Smilie Super Wow Smilie Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
For some peace? Err..For his pardon? Smile Smilie
Oh, please do I get it, because she said two, and that's cheating, Tolkien said so in the Hobbit about Gollum when he said "String, or nothing!"

Gandalf said: (Hmm, do i remember it?) I'd better not put it in quotes if it's not exact. Bilbo said:

"I beg your pardon, I haven't asked for anything!"

And Gandalf said:

"Yes, you have! Twice now. My pardon. I give it to you."

Is that right, Grondy?
Peace,pardon, it's the same thing in my book...But if we are going to be picky ( Elf Winking Smilie ),my final answer will be pardon...*lol*
You can't do that, that's cheating! you just said that because I did pardon, and I'm real clever, and I recited without looking, and no hard feelings, but You Are A Cheat!
No hard feelings, but Loni, You Are a Very Rude Little Girl!
Feawen said it first, she wins.
Yes Lady Fea gets the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

What sort of trees flanked the West-door of Moria Question Smilie
If I am right, the trees were made of ithildin (starmoon).
A Pardon? Did I get it correctly?

Its rude to be calling people... rude.
No Tommie, these two trees were alive, sorry.

So the question remains: What sort of trees flanked the West-door of Moria Question Smilie

Quote:
A Pardon? Did I get it correctly?
Azadhel, the by-the-book answer was "your pardon", but I accepted "pardon", and I didn't see that you posted an answer to this one, or was your quote a rhetorical question?

Quote:
Its rude to be calling people... rude.
True, I thought Amarie's rebuff might have been said a little more diplomatically, but she said what many of us had been thinking and I've had an extra day over which to think about the problem. So please Loni, accept it as gentle criticism rather than taking umbrage, and in the future try to show a little more restraint, because we all want your friendship. Cool Elf Smilie
I restrained myself when this one first came on but it's still here for a second day so my answer is.... holly.
Loni, you called Fea a cheat and compared her (eeeever so slightly) to Gollum because she answerd befor you, she was nice about it, but you called her a cheat once more, then added "no hard feelings" and called her a cheat again. I could have been a bit more diplomatic, but I felt you were rude. I also thought you were a couple years older than you are, and that was my bad..

You might think I am a b.. err female doggie, but I want you to know that if someone is mean to you for no reason I'll be there to defend you. *bark!* Puppy Smilie I see red when people are being treated unfairly.

The trees? Umm.. *guessing wildly* Willows?
It´s the fist time I´ve been Qouted! Ha Ha Ha Smilie
I´m sooo excited. Though is on a rather serious note. A pardon, I meant the answer, but your observation skill appear to be of reknown. Here is a star for you. On the "rude" remark, of course I meant no harm. You know I meant no harm. You know me. But if I did offend any one, I shall take my position as a man of honor, and ask for your sincere apologies, just as I present my sincere regret.
Look Around Smilie
Trees, trees, trees... My guess will have to be Willows.
Holly is the answer, so Daisy gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Who was the greatest of all Dwarf smiths Question Smilie
Telchar of Nogrod, most likely...
Probably, but just in case I'll guess someone else: Gamil Zirak*, master of Telchar. Though Telchar is probably correct.

*I couldn't resist saying that Gamil Zirak is likely Khuzdul for Old Silver **
** Could also be interpreted as Old Grey or Old Mithril
Bugyfeanor had the answer for which I was looking; he gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

What river flowed down to the Grey Havens Question Smilie
The River Lhûn (or Lune)
You got it GrevBukMcJern, have the pretty bauble too. Happy Elf Smilie

What was the Sindarin name for the black crows of Fangorn and Dunland Question Smilie
'they are crebain out of Fangorn and Dunland' (FOTR/The Ring Goes South)
And a Pseudo-Silmaril to Rednell for the correct answer. Happy Elf Smilie

When the Elves awoke, what were the first things they beheld Question Smilie
The stars upon the sky. Smile Smilie
You eejit, I was going to say that! How many pseudo-Silmarils has everyone got? I've got one.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>