Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Trivia: Barad-dur

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > Trivia: Barad-dur   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>
Ulmo?
Yep, Shonehelm gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Whad did Sam cast into the air at the Three-Farthing Stone Question Smilie
the dust from Galadriel's box.

Oh, yeah, ten, ten, ten, ten,! Giz my tenth now!
Right you are Loni, ten it is: one for each toe. Elk Grinning Smilie

Whom or what did Fram kill Question Smilie
Fram son of Frumgar (ancetor of Eorl the Young) slew Scatha, the dragon of Ered Mithrin
Frodo_baggins gets the Pseudo-Silmaril for the correct answer. Happy Elf Smilie

Which Vala come last to Arda, and what did he delight in Question Smilie
That would be Tulkas, and he delighted in wrestling (I was going to let someone else get it, but it's been 2 days)
That's fine F_B, you waited long enough and for the correct answer you get another pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

How did Gandalf come to select Sam to accompany Frodo to Rivendell Question Smilie
He figured it was either that or turning him into something "unnatural" when he caught him dropping some eaves at the window at Bag-end and Frodo said he was trustworthy.
So, Ar-edain37 collects the Pseudo-Silmaril for the right answer. Happy Elf Smilie

The fire-letters on the Ring were written using what script and in what language Question Smilie
some form of elvish script, few had the skill to read it in Middle-Earth,the language was that of Mordor.(i believe it has been just over 24 hours since my last correct answer)

ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL!
It was in the Black Speech, using a Tengwar mode originating in Beleriand.
well i believe for his use of details peredhil deserves the bauble more than me(bow my head in defeat and shame)
We'll share it. I'll have Bau, you can have Ble. Smile Smilie
Okay, but being split it will lose a lot of its intrinsic value, which is basically bragging rights. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Who was the Captain of the Rangers of Ithilien during the War of the Ring Question Smilie

Quote:
(i believe it has been just over 24 hours since my last correct answer)
Yeah, but the letter of the law says 24 hours after I post the next question, or at least that was my intent. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Aragorn
Faramir? *crosses fingers* Wiggle Smilie
i think it's Faramir...
you can cross your toes too Fea, but sorry - it was still Aragorn Very Big Grin Smilie

Elrohir: you're wrong...
Well in my book it was Faramir, the key word is "Ithilien". Look for "Mablung" and "Rangers" in the index and in TTT you will find on that and the following page that they are Rangers of Ithilien and that Faramir is their Captain.

So LadyFeawen gets the Pseudo-Silmaril Happy Elf Smilie and Perwing gets his shorts in a knot. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

On how many levels was Minas Tirith built Question Smilie
Faramir is the captain of THAT group, Aragorn over them all (being king and all has it's advantages - and the war of the ring isn't over yet.) and besides, the only person being described with exactly those words (by himself no less) as "captain of the rangers" is Aragorn!!

btw, 7
Seven is correct, for that Perwing gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Aragorn was the 'Captain of the Rangers of the North', the Dunedain, when he had the 'Rangers of Ithilien' under his command he was Captain of the West and after that he was King and El Supremo over the combined forces of Gondor and the north lands.

Which is the odd man out: caran, celeb, falas, mal, nim Question Smilie
Eeny meeny miny NIM?
Pere i refuse to share the silmarill. its yours! (insult me again by trying to give me a prize after losing and ill roast you!)
Falas. All the others are colours.
Quote:
Pere i refuse to share the silmarill. its yours! (insult me again by trying to give me a prize after losing and ill roast you!)
Ummm... fair enough.
Yup, Peredhil gets the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

caran = red; celeb = silver; mal = gold; nim = white; and falas = shore, or line of surf

(I didn't think offering to split the prize an insult, but an act of generosity; but then, what do I know.)

While Gollum lived under the Misty Mountains, of what did his diet mainly consist Question Smilie
Fish, and a stray goblin now and then.
Stonehelm gets the pretty bauble for his answer. Happy Elf Smilie

What name was given to Aragorn when he served Ecthelion II Question Smilie
Oooh, and I had been going to give a hard one from "Leaf by Niggle". Well look in Appendix A for this last one, if you don't remember it.
Thorongil Smile Smilie
Yeeey.Let me hear the one from "Leaf by Niggle". I love that storie.
Amarie has the corect answer and the shiny-shiny. Happy Elf Smilie

Okay Etharion, here you go:

How did the doctor treat Niggle's sore hands Question Smilie
The doctor putt some salve on his hands that healed them up instantly.
Correct Etharion, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Who rescued Thorin's Company from the wargs and the goblins of the Misty Mountains Question Smilie
Common, thats easy! Ill let somebody else.
Since it's already Tuesday and no one's answered, I'll take the bait.

*drumroll* Beorn. Wiggle Smilie
The Eagles. Cool Smilie
Stonehelm has it and the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Who helped L˙thien escape from Nargothrond Question Smilie
Huan? Happy Elf Smilie
Yes, LadyFeawen, it was the big puppy dog, so you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

The Orc band that captured Merry and Pippin came from which three places Question Smilie
Hmm. From Orthanc, Minas Morgul and....Mordor?
Moria, Orthanc, and Mordor.
Stonehelm has them and the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

The ones from Orthanc were Saruman's and had the "white hand" on their helms; those from Mordor were Sauron's and had the "red eye" on their helms; and those from Moria were the ones stirred up by the Fellowship when they passed through. I believe the latter were also under Sauron's sway, but they didn't wear any device on their helms.

Can you name the chapter title and the work from which comes the following first line Question Smilie
Quote:
In that time were made those things that afterwards were most renowned of all the works of the Elves.
No
hehehehe Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Chapter Seven of the Quenta Silmarillion, entitled "Of the Silmarils and the Unrest of the Noldor."
Arcormacolindˇva gets the Pseudo-Silmaril for his correct answer. Happy Elf Smilie

What was the Shire's prison in Michel Delving called Question Smilie
Lockholes, wasn't it?
You betcha Peredhil, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Who or what threatened to squeeze Merry in two Question Smilie

Old Man Willow?
Correct Laurelindhe ilmarin. It could have been Treebeard when he first caught the two hobbits trespassing in Fangorn Forest, but it actually occurred when Sam tried to free Merry and Pippin from the clutches of Old Man Willow by burning them out. Or rather by making a bonfire on the farside of the tree from the two captives.

While Sam did get the tree's attention, the consequenses were unintented: the tree told Merry he'd squeeze the bejeebers out of him if the fire wasn't put out; Sam kicked and stomped out the fire; and Frodo ran down the path like a chicken with its head cut-off cryling help! help! help!.

Laurelindhe ilmarin gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

What did Denathor hold in his hands as he died on the funeral pyre Question Smilie
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>