Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Trivia: Barad-dur

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > Trivia: Barad-dur   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>
Big Smile Smilie you dont have to apologize... hehe, thanks for my 10th pseudy!
Let's have a guess: two?
Six, preciousssss, six....
Gildor inglorion has the correct answer and the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Why did Niggle fall off his bicycle Question Smilie
As Leaf by Niggle hasn't been widely read, though I think it is one of J.R.R. Tolkien's better short stories, I'll give the answer tomorrow if no one has guessed it sooner. The story can be found in The Tolkien Reader ISBN 0-345-34506-1.
Never read the story, sorry Grondy. Can't seem to find it anywhere. Very Sad Smilie
Okay, the answer is: Niggle fell off his bicycle when, as he was riding along, a shadow suddenly came between himself and the sun. He looked up, and there unexpectantly was his tree. Happy Elf Smilie

Who gave Aragorn Elessar the Elfstone Question Smilie
The lady of the woods .... Galadriel!
Man, this questions are getting harder and harder by day..
Correct Lord_aragorn86, you get the pretty baublr. Happy Elf Smilie

What valley lay between the precipices of Ered Gorgoroth and the Girdle of Mellian Question Smilie
Nan Dungortheb
Miruvor gets the Pseudo-Silmaril for the answer. Happy Elf Smilie

What did Beren rescue at Rivil's Well above the Fen of Serech Question Smilie
hmm was it the ring of barahir?
That's close enough Fingolfin; though what he found and took away from the orcs was his late father, Barahir's hand which still wore the ring given to him by Finrod Felagund of Nargothrond (Galadriel's brother). Okay, it was later known as both the Ring of the House of Isildur and the Ring of Barahir; and it was handed down to Aragorn as the family heirloom. Fingolfin gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

What name did Frodo suggest for Sam and Rosie's first child Question Smilie
A name of a flower. First he suggested to Sam that their daughter (Sam and Rosie's) to be called Rose but Sam wanted a more beautiful name, something more exotic. So Frodo suggested Elanor and Niphredil out of which Sam chose Elanor.
You got it Lord_aragorn86, and the pretty bauble too. Happy Elf Smilie

Which chapter of which book and volume starts out with the following words Question Smilie
Quote:
Gollum moved quickly, with his head and neck thrust forward, often using his hands as well as his feet.
Chapter II of Book four (called "the Passage of the Marshes") in the Two Towers. Is that all that you wanted? I hope so...if not, o well! Big Smile Smilie
That's what I was looking for Lemaly orangeflower, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

What was the Sindarin name for Weathertop Question Smilie
is it Amon Sul? I don't know how to do the little accents on the letters, but the "u" has a little triangle one... Smile Smilie I'm really bad when it comes to things like that....i'm surei was taught at sometime how to do that stuff....oh well. Big Smile Smilie
It is indeed Amon Sl Hold the Alt button down and type 0251 on the numeric keyboard at the right, rather than above the letters, when you let up from the Alt key you should see the letter However, as Lemaly orangeflower didn't wait the required 24 hours per the rules in the first post, she only gets the above thingy. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie

What word opened the West-door of Moria Question Smilie
*in a low and rather distant voice*
Mellon.
*back to normal*
Correct Tommie, a pretty bauble for you. Happy Elf Smilie

What was the former name of Minas Tirith and what did it mean Question Smilie
Minas Anor which meant "The tower of the Sun"
Correct Lord_aragorn86, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Who lived mostly on cream and honey Question Smilie
At first I thought you meant Winnie-the-Pooh, but on second thoughts I can only think of one person: Beorn?
Cats live on crwam and bears live on honey so, catbear?
Beorn it was Tommie, so you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Who found Merry lying beside the road in Bree Question Smilie
Nob, nob, nobbin' on heaven's door.

It's probably wrong, but don't mind if i use the pun.
Nah I reckon that it's right because he was Butterbur's servant thingy and Bob was the stable boy. Didn't Nob give Sam some apples or something?
Miruvor gets the Pseudo-Silmaril for Nob. Happy Elf Smilie

Almost correct Gwaihir.
Quote:
Sam was chewing an apple thoughtfully. He had a pocket full of them: a parting present from Nob and Bob. 'Apples for walking, and a pipe for sitting,' he said. 'But I reckon I'll miss them both before long.' FotR, Book I, Chapter XI, entitled 'A Knife in the Dark'.
In what battle did Glaurung lead the Orcs to victory over the Noldor, breaking the Siege of Angband Question Smilie
indeed i believe it was the Dagor Bragollach-The battle of sudden flame
You got it Fingolfin and the pretty bauble too. Happy Elf Smilie

Which member at the Court of Rohan secretly served Saruman Question Smilie
Grma Langue-de-Serpent, or like the French say : Wormtongue.

Miruvor has the answer and the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Who sang the following line in one of Tolkien's poems Question Smilie
Quote:
When light is on the wild-wood stream, and wind is on the brow;
It's from the Ent song, and sung by an Ent. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Can someone be more specific? Was it Fimbrethil, Finglas, Fladrif, Leaflock, Quickbeam, Skinbark, Wandlimb, etc.? (Yes, I know some of these names belong to the same Ents.)
I'll hazard a guess but I don't have my books here so don't shoot me if I'm wrong: Fangorn himself?
It is from an Elvish song about the Ents that the Ents knew by heart, and Treebeard sang it to the Hobbits. Traditionally the song was sung by both Ents and Entwives, but since they lost the Entwives, only Treebeard sang it.
You had the complete history Lemaly orangeflower, however Tommie got there first with Fangorn, which is another name for Treebeard as we all know. So Tommie gets the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Who built Barad Nimras and where was it located Question Smilie
I'll just hazard a guess, wasn't that the tower overlooking the western sea near the grey havens that the numenorians built?
Oh my! I better get my Sil back from my friend!
No, it was built a bit farther west and a few millennia earlier.
It was built by Finrod Felagund and was on the cape west of Eglarest.
Correct Lemaly orangeflower, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Who was Tailbiter, what was his full name Question Smilie
I admit that I had to look this up, but you got me a bit confused with the "who". I found that it was Caudimordax, an old magic sword used to fight dragons. It comes from "Farmer Giles of Ham".
You got me Tommie and the pretty bauble for the correct answer. Happy Elf Smilie I don't know why I got myself thinking I was asking about the dragon's name instead of the sword. 'When all else fails, engage brain before activating mouth.' Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Who trusted that Bilbo would be punctual Question Smilie
That would be "Thorin & Co."
Correct Lemaly orangeflower, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

By what name was Mirkwood formally known Question Smilie
Greenwood the Great.

And a Pseudo-Silmaril to Miruvor for the correct answer. Happy Elf Smilie

What kind of birds drew the ships of the Teleri to the shores of Aman Question Smilie
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>