Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Trivia: Barad-dur

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > Trivia: Barad-dur   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>
It was Finrod Felagund and they called him Nom (Wisdom)
Correct Elen, but you don't get a pretty bauble, because you didn't wait for the required 24 hours as specified in this threads first post's rules.

Fill in the blank: "Faithful servant yet master's bane, Lightfoot's foal, swift _________."
Is it snowmane?
Yes Caudimordax, that was the name of Theoden's pet cow. You get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Which great servant of Morgoth issued forth from Angband two hundred years after Dagor Aglareb Question Smilie
I'd guess Glaurung ?
That's it Kratos, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Which of Sam abd Rosie's daughters married Pippin's son Faramir Question Smilie
Goldilocks
Correct Mungo, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Whose emblem was a white swan on a blue field Question Smilie
I'm not quite sure but it seems to me that it belonged to Dol Amroth...)
Yes Nimrodel amarie, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

What was the name of the horse Éomer loaned to Legolas and Gimli Question Smilie
Was it AROD ?
I thought this year he played third base for the New York Yankees, but you are correct Mellon, so you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Who slew Saruman Question Smilie
gríma wormtongue
You got it Ihil, and the pretty bauble too. Happy Elf Smilie

Who won fame by killing Azog in the Battle of Azanulbizar Question Smilie
That would have been the greatest Dwarven hero of all time, Dain II.
He's the one Val, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

What city was Gondolin modelled on Question Smilie
Tirion of Aman?
Grondy, quickly give me my pretty bauble Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Naw Elen, you get to hurry up and wait just like everyone else; Elk Grinning Smilie still, you do get the Pseudo-Silmaril for your correct answer. Happy Elf Smilie

Whom did Sam succeed as Mayor of the Shire Question Smilie
Sam is elected after Will Whitfoot resigns (Appendix B).
Correct Mungo, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

On what date was Gandalf's confrontation with the Balrog in Khazad-dûm Question Smilie
It depends on what stage of their meeting you're calling a confrontation.
But let's say - it all began on January,23 and ended January,25 (3019).
Poor me! Needed to go for the book and look for it feeling so Sleeping Smilie
Oh, have I waited 24 hours?? Elf Confused Smilie
If not so, please forgive me
I guess I should have said their initial confrontation, the date the Fellowship thought they had forever lost their friend and mentor. (I hadn't realized it took them so long to fall to the bottom and then climb back to the top, but that's what Appendix B says. Probably they lay at the bottom for a few days licking their wounds.)

Oh, 23 January was much too late a date.

Also the 24 hour rule applies only for the very next question, once that has been answered you are again free to answer. I just don't want the same person answering every question.
Then January,15.
Was too sleepy, looked at the wrong place in the book and even didn't mention that Mungo posted smth Ha Ha Ha Smilie but still began arguing! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Although the question seems o'k: confrontation in Khazad-Dum (and Zirakzigil's no connection)
Okay Elen, you finally have the correct answer and now the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

What mountains bounded Mordor on the North Question Smilie
That would be the Ered Lithui, or Ash Mountains.
Valedhelgwath has the answer and the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

What name was given to the Elves who refused the Great Journey, and what did it mean in English? Question Smilie
The answer can be found in the Silmarillion in the chapter entitled 'Of the coming of the Elves' closer to the end than the beginning. You can also get it off the charts in the rear of the book.
i no were to get it silly, i used it as one of my answers that ummm had more than one correct answer in my quiz thing.... so ill go find it again.....
Avari-the unwilling
Correct Elrose, you get the pretty bauble today. Happy Elf Smilie

'A Short Rest', Flies and Spiders', 'No Stone Unturned', 'On the Doorstep', 'Roast Mutton', which is the odd man out Question Smilie
no stone unturned...its not a chapter in the hobbit
Correct Elrose, a pretty bauble for you. Happy Elf Smilie

In Smith of Wootton Major, how often did the Feast of Good Children come around Question Smilie

Elf With a Big Grin Smilie (This feast was a holiday for children, not the Autumn Feast at Castle Harfang in C.S. Lewis's The Silver Chair, where the Giants considered a pie made with good children a delicacy.)
it's tar-farazon
No, its a number of years between one and twenty-five. Now you get to guess the number, if you haven't read the book. Happy Elf Smilie
i thought it was 8?????? *shrug shoulders*
Actually it was 24 years, Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie so nobody gets the Pseudo-Silmaril today and I'll post a new question for you to answer.

As no one appears to have read Smith of Wootton Major, I recommend that you find a copy and give it a read, it is a good the tale.

What was the emblem of Sauron in Mordor Question Smilie
an eye probably....a red one!
Yes, You get another pretty bauble Elrose. Happy Elf Smilie

Why did Gimli want to linger in the Chamber of Mazarbul, though he didn't have time to do it Question Smilie
Because Balin's tomb was there.
Welcome back Samwisegamgee, you got the correct answer and the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

What prophecy did Melkor breed the great wolf Carharoth to fulfil Question Smilie
Maybe it was to slay Huan?
Close enough Elen, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

What name did the Rohirrim give to Lothlórien Question Smilie
oo i no...but i have to wait for 24 hours....
And why is that Elrose, there have been a couple of intervening questions answered and quite a few days since you answered your last one correctly, can it mean you don't really know the answer? Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
no, i was merely trying to remind ppl of the rules so i can have a shot at the questions! unless ur saying that we dont need to follow the rules, Grondy!
they called it "the Golden wood" and Drirmordween
my friends and I make fun of that scene alot and have made our own spoof.
Dwimordene?
You got it Samwisegamgee, the answer and the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie Elrose's answer was close but not close enough.

Now Samwisegamgee and only Samwisegamgee must wait 24 hours after I post this before answering it. Everyone else may answer as soon as they can. The rule is to keep the same person from answering twice in a row without anyone else getting a chance.

What was the first story from The Silmarillion to be put on paper Question Smilie
so thats wot that rule means...and i dont feel like looking up the spelling of Of Beren and Luthien....or actually The Sketch of the Mythology (the earliest Sil.) right? im guessing the Sketch of Mithology but i think if u meant like, titled story then it would be Of Beren and Luthien.
Well, I thought it was 'The Fall of Gondolin', but now I can't find the source for that, so I guess the question is a non-starter because I can not varify the answer. Sorry.

Who threw his Silmaril into the sea. Question Smilie
Maglor?

Trivia question: What exactly is a pretty bauble? Wink Smilie
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>