Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Trivia: Barad-dur

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > Trivia: Barad-dur   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>
the Entwash I believe!Smile Smilie
Correct Lemaly orangeflower, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

How did King Theoden die Question Smilie
crusehd under his horse on pellenor fields
Correct Fingolfin, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Which Noldo created the Silmarils Question Smilie
Feanor i think he created them and they were very dear to him? i think hehe
Me thinks you are correct LossŰ, so a Pseudo-Silmaril is yours. Happy Elf Smilie

What was the last vision that Frodo saw in the Mirror of Galadriel Question Smilie
The Eye? Saurons fiery one i mean.
That was it Etharion, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

What was the name of ╔omer's sword Question Smilie
Guthwine!
GuthwinŰ
Well, if you're looking for accuracy, here it is:

G˙thwinŰ
so do i get it because i was closer? by the way is this just lord of the rings or can it be silmarillion or other middle-earth writings?
Lord_aragorn86 was close enough, E÷nwŰ. I'm not going to quibble over exact spelling if I understand the intent, but it is good when someone can provide the correct spelling. The questions I alone pose in this thread, are normally from the more well known writings of the Professor; I will not ask questions from UT or the H.O.M.E. series. Occasionaly I will ask a question from The Tolkien Reader and his other short stories. Anyway, Lord_aragorn86 gets the pretty bauble this time. Happy Elf Smilie

How did Gandalf finally confirm that Frodo's ring was indeed the One Ring Question Smilie
He threw it in the fire, and afterwards gave it to Frodo (It didn't hurt Frodo). Then he read "Ash nazg durbatulűk, ash nazg gimbatul,ash nazg thrakatulűk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul" which i believe was the point he understood that it WAS the one ring. (Though he couldn't read it completely, he just knew what the writings on the ring meant)

I like to imagine Gandalf's face after realizing that it was "The One Ring" Smile Smilie
Correct Asteroth, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

What color was the front door of Bag End Question Smilie
It was green yes

it was
Quote:
painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle

The Hobbit Page 3
Elessar lossŰhelin gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

How high was the secret door on the side of the Lonely Mountain Question Smilie

For extra credit: How high above sea level was the bottom of the door? (Include a justification for your answer, don't just guess) Elk Grinning Smilie
The door was five feet high alright, yet i have not the slightest idea about the "sea level" question Smile Smilie
Asteroth gets the pretty bauble for the correct answer. Happy Elf Smilie

I guess civilization of Middle-earth's Third Age was not yet established far enough to allow for the implementation of a geodetic survey, so unless the water was lapping aroun the doorstep, they wouldn't have had the foggiest notion of where sea level was, nor do we.

Who dropped a stone into the well in the Mines of Moria Question Smilie
Pippin I believe
Yup, Pippin did it, so Lemaly orangeflower gets the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Who had a butler named Galion Question Smilie
drum roll please.................................it was King Thranduil, the Elf King of Mirkwood who had the Dwarves in captivity in the hobbit.
That's it Elessar lossŰhelin, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Who killed Bolg Question Smilie
Aye it was Beorn the bear/man arrrg is LossŰ correct?
I'm afraid so LossŰ, so you get the prety bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Which Vala seldom clothed himself in a body Question Smilie
Ulmo
He's the one Miruvor, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

When did Sam realize that Frodo wasn't dead from the spider-venom Question Smilie
When he heard the orcs talking behind that secret stone slab door thingy.
Yes, Sam overheard Shagrat tell Gorbag that Shelob's victim was still alive because that's how she likes her food and they were on the other side of an unopenable door, from Sams vantage point. Anyway Etharion gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Who didn't vanish when he put on the ring Question Smilie
Izildur? Am i even allowed to try again? I mean, i did guess the last one, so should i wait for someone else to have a turn?
Tom Bombadil is the guy!
You have the correct answer Lord_aragorn86; you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

What device did Gorbag 's orcs bear on their shields Question Smilie
I don't remember who gorbag is but I would guess a white hand, though it really isn't a device
The Red Eye of Mordor.
Both wrong; and by device I did mean design or symbol, so you both have the right idea, just guessed his correct boss. Happy Elf Smilie
wasn't it a small white hand in a field of black...and they had an "S" rune on their helmets

I think....:S
Well, if it wasn't the Red Eye of Mordor, it only leaves the Moon of Death of the servents of the Minas Morgul as an option.
Lord_aragorn86 finally has it and the Pseudo-Silmaril Happy Elf Smilie

Gorbag served Minas Morgul, so his livery showed "a Moon disfigured with a gastly face of death", which Sam noticed after passing the two watchers at the gate into Cirith Ungol.

What and where was the Mathom-house Question Smilie
that mathom house was a mighty fine house. in the shire. it was like a mueseum. had bilbos mithril coat in it.
Yup, it was also a place for a hobbit to store the useless gift with which he didn't know what to do, but didn't feel that the right thing to do was to give it to someone else who couldn't use it either and who also wouldn't know what to do with it. Thus it was a candidate for the Mathom House. Of course there were hobbits who just continued passing these mathom gifts on and on like some families do with Aunt Bertha's favorite fruitcake which has been laced with so much rum or brandy that can levitate on its own vapors as it makes its annual transfer from one cousin to another.

Okay Elrose, now we only need to know in which town or village it was located to complete the answer.
i believe it was the main town...so i think hobbiton but i also think that it wast. ooo
Micael-Delving? or however you spell "Micael" michle, its a guys name, Michael??

Michael-delving
You got it Elrose; the correct spelling is "Michel Delving". You get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Who reported to the Council of Elrond that Gollum had escaped from the Elves of Mirkwood Question Smilie
Legolas?
Correct Etharion, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Who was Flˇi Question Smilie
the drawfen grandfather of pink floyd
Well, he was a dwarf, but I don't think he was that closely related to the pink one.
Flˇi was the dwarf that followed Balin when he leaves Erebor and goes to Moria, and was later killed by an arrow, but not before managing to "kill a great something".
You got it Lemaly orangeflower, and the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Where was Aragorn raised Question Smilie
The Northern Kingdom...Arnor???

Wait I take that back...Rivendell is the answer. Rivendell!
Yes, although it is unknown whether he was given breast-feeding by Arwen.

This could be an interesting idea for one of my stories, though.

<< [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>