Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Trivia: Barad-dur

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > Trivia: Barad-dur   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>
Yup, Mellon has it with the Ent who was also known as Quickbeam, so she gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Up to which peak did the Endless Stair lead Question Smilie
Or to put it another way: On which peak was Durin's Tower located?
Durin's Tower was carved in the living rock of Zirakzigil, the pinnacle of the Silvertine.
Correct Fionw Urion, and a third name of the peak was Celebdil. You get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Who smelt Bilbo and felt his air Question Smilie
Smaug the Golden.
Morambar has it and the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Upon what mound did the Two Trees of Valinor stand Question Smilie
Ezellohar.
That's the place Virumor, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

When Minas Ithil fell to the Ringwraiths, what new name was it given, and what did it mean Question Smilie
Minus Morgul-Tower of like, black magic or shadow or something
im going with the first one
Close enough Elrose, you had the flavor of it, which was Minas Morgul, the 'Tower of Sorcery' or 'tower of black magic', so you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Can you name the three Elven Rings, if so, do so Question Smilie
yes i can;

Nenya, Ring of Water, worn by Lady Galadriel.
Narya, Ring of Fire, worn by Gandalf.
Vilya, Ring of Air, worn by Elrond.
Loss has them all and gets the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Now name the materials from which each of the above three Elven Rings were fabricated, and also give a third name for each Question Smilie
Narya the Great, the Red Ring of Fire, unknown material band with a red stone (possibly a ruby)
Nenya, Ring of Adamant, mithril band with a white stone (possibly a diamond)
Vilya, Ring of Sapphire, gold band with a sapphire

I'll keep the pretty bauble for myself. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

The Ford of Rivendell crossed which river Question Smilie
i think it was the River Bruinen???

id thought id better answer soon as this thread has died for a while Smile Smilie
Yup Loss, or the River Loudwater is another name for it, so you get a the pretty bauble Happy Elf Smilie and thank you for breaking the boycott. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

What stood in the Anduin to the west of Beorn's house Question Smilie
The rock...Carock
Correct Etharion, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

How was Grima Wormtongue killed Question Smilie
He was shot in the back with several hobbit arrows after attacking and killing Saruman. I think. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Correct Eva, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

How many Men journeyed with Bilbo to the Lonely Mountain Question Smilie
None I think Smile Smilie I though his companions were only dwarfs?
It was a trick question and no one bit, so the jokes on me Elf With a Big Grin Smilie and Mellon gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

What are the two missing words in the following lines of verse Question Smilie
Quote:
In _________ _____ beaneath the Sun,
the flowers may rise in Spring
In Western lands beneath the sun...
Correct Tinviel, that is from Sam's song, which he sang in the Tower of Cirith Ungol while he was searching for Frodo, so you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

What name was given to the land of Ard-galen after its destruction by Morgoth, and what did it mean in English Question Smilie
I know that! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie Anfauglith- The Land of Gasping Dust.
That's right Etharion, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Who did Finw marry after the death of Mriel Question Smilie
(Sometimes they complain if the questions are too easy; sometimes they ignore the hard ones; still, I know it is high Summer in the northern hemisphere and most of our members are away on vacation, so I shouldn't complain if the remainder don't have The Silmarillion available.) Elk Grinning Smilie
Indis...
well im not away Grondy, but i have to wait 24 hours before i can post here, but i know the answer;

Finwe's second wife was Indis
awwww 2 mins behind;

In the words of Homer Simpson; DO'H!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I should have waited another day before I made the above min-rant. Elf Winking Smilie

Anyway, Virumor has the correct answer and the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

What was the official emblem (banner) of Durin's Folk Question Smilie
Uu....cant remember that... But out of my head right now id say aaaa...Hammer?
A hammer is only part of it, can anyone come up with more? Happy Elf Smilie
It has an am-bolt and a hammer surrounded of a crown with 7 stars ( I'm not sure if am-bolt is correct though)
I think you mean anvil.
With Virumor's help, Mellon has the answer and the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Who or what did Legolas shoot out of the sky from the bank of the Anduin Question Smilie
Then I will share it with Virumor Smile SmilieThanks Happy Elf Smilie The answer to your next question: I believe was a Nazgl on his flying animal
That is the correct answer Mellon; howsomeever, I don't think you waited the necessary 24 hours after I posted the next question, which is required after you correctly answered the last question. Elf Winking Smilie

In what age did the Istari arrive at the Grey Havens Question Smilie
In the third age .It was said that they came from the west to gather all of those who were against Sauron and to helpguide them(elves and men ) in how to defeat him
Mellon gets the pretty bauble for the correct answer. Happy Elf Smilie And she gets to wait 24 hours after I post the question below, before she may answer it, unless someone else correctly answers it and I post a subsequent question. Remember that the posting times shown here are those of Great Britain and you will have to convert your local time to suit, in order to know if the 24 hours are up yet.

Who replaced the Lord of the Nazgl as commander of Sauron's forces in the Battle of Pelennor Fields Question Smilie
The Mouth of Sauron?
I think its Gothmog, the lieutenant of Morgul.
Aldaradan has it and the Pseudo-Silmaril for the correct answer of Gothmog. Happy Elf Smilie

What was the Sindarin name for the Encircling Mountains Question Smilie
Hmm its been 24 hours right? Fast Asleep Smilie Well I'll wait a little longer.
You may post it now Aldaradan. Happy Elf Smilie
Crissaegrim
Partially Aldaradan, Crissaegrim are the mountains to the south of Gondolin and form a part of the Encircling Mountians, but that isn't the answer I want. Sorry. Try again.

Hint: It starts with E.
Do I have to wait 24 hours again? Hmm its hard to tell because the time on my post doesn't match mine... Well if answering now is against the rules the dont give me the prize Very Sad Smilie ...

Somehow I knew you wanted the "E" word but it seems as though the name "Crissaegrim" is used more often. Also I have checked and "Crissaegrim" is the only name given for those mountains on Tolkiens map in the Silmarillion.

The answer is Echoriath.
The times shown when we make our posts are London time which may be GMT/UTC or that plus one hour depending on the time of year. Just convert your local time to GMT and use that to compare. Here is a place to do it: The World Clock.

Aldaradan has the answer with Echoriathm and so has the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

How did in die Question Smilie
I think he was killed by the "Watcher in the Water".
Oin went to Moria with Balin but died in an attempt to retake Khazad-dum, which is probably the correct as well but i forgot how he died
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>