Thread: Most Misunderstood Character..
Oh definitely, and I've taken place in a few of them. So I don't think there's any question he's incredibly misunderstood...
Though I made this thread because I'd like to hear other people's opinions on why who they chose is MORE misunderstood than, say, Feanor or Bombadil...
Another hugely misunderstood character is about to be seen on film. Beorn the skin changer. What is his history? Why does he have a seemly nature based supernatural power? Who or what gave it (or inflicted) to him? Is it a curse to him or a blessing?
People tend to be hard on Feanor, when he was just a few that had "the curse of Aule" , the lust for creation ending in betrayal. All of whom was in relation of Aule in one way or another.
1. Aule: created the dwarves, therefore betrayed Eru and Yavanna.
2. Sauron: created the One Ring, even though his betrayal of the Valar was before he created the ring.
3. Feanor: created the Silmarils, resulting in the kinslaying.
4. Celebrimbor: created the rings of power, although didn't betrayed intentionally, the end results were the same. Was tortured and revealed the location of the rings, resulting in the death of many
5. Sauruman: created machines of war, betraying Fangorn Forest by burning it down. wanting to create order upon middle earth under his rule, betrayed the white council
I made up the curse of course but I always thought it was interesting about their connections.