Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Just A Suggestion

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Suggestions > Just A Suggestion   << [1] [2]
Quote:
How about 'Steward' for the Gondorians, 'Mouth of Sauron' for the Orcs, Mayor for the Hobbits.... a title rather than a person. And forums for the 'leaders' to publish their decrees and for specific issues to be raised. Maybe we could have 5-a-side football - Hobbits -v- Orcs and parties in Lothlorien!.

As for another title, I quite liked the idea of "guides", but now I've read Vee's idea I think that ones a lot smarter! And it would look soooo nice. Animated Wink Smilie

Quote:
So, what would the Council members do? Isn't this rather taking their role away? Don't get me wrong, I quite like the idea of race/location 'leaders' , it could generate a lot of interest and activity.

Uhuh! But what I meant to say is that the "leaders" should be the ones to take *some* of the work off the hands of the council members, so they can launch new features and ideas, control the forum even better than they do now, rather than busying themselves with questions from newbies and sorting out all sorts of small problems, if you know what I'm saying.

I do like the election idea, but as Legolaslass pointed out, it would be better if people step forward as a candidate first, and then have everyone to vote. Otherwise you might get chosen without really wanting to (there can be various reasons, lack of time being only one).

I've run out of ideas now.

I really really really like this idea! It could be fantastic! And I'm sure it would be a great help to both the newbies and the council. Thumbs Up Smilie

It does sound like a good idea. I'm all for it! Thumbs Up Smilie
Yup, yup!!! Im in to!!! its a cool idea. And we can make it better as we go along. But who would be the canidates? Whos gona step up?
I for one would! And I'm sure there are many others out there. Big Smile Smilie

Another thing: maybe the "leaders" could report back to the council member from the same location? I don't know where all the council members are from, but it would be good if every leader had someone to report to, to avoid people getting flooded in problems and suggestions and everything. Disturbed Smilie
I'd step up too!

I think it'sk a great idea! But we'd have to wait. Taz always has loads of things on his plate.
Quote:
And forums for the 'leaders' to publish their decrees and for specific issues to be raised. Maybe we could have 5-a-side football - Hobbits -v- Orcs and parties in Lothlorien!.

I don't know if Taz has had a change of plan after running into several technical difficulties earlier on in the year, but that is similar to one of the ideas he did mention to me. Each location was to have its own Council (this was to be a location council, different to the PT Council). These leaders would then decide from a list of special features what they wanted to be available at their location. These features could be things like quizzes, competitions etc. I'm not sure how it was going to be made possible, or precisely how it would work, or even if it is still in the pipeline, but the whole idea was tied into the mithril idea. Each location would decide how much tax to charge on their member's mithril, and from this revenue they would buy the features they wanted.

Only Taz can tell us if this is still going to happen, or even if it is possible.
This sounds awesome! Super Wow Smilie That way the "power" would be spread over more people, and working together is always a good way to get to know people better!

Yay! Can't wait! Big Smile Smilie
Do I have a psychic link with taz or what???
Quote:
Each location would decide how much tax to charge on their member's mithril

Not our mithril!!
:starts melting:
:gets up:

anyway I like how everyone is building on my idea.
:give myself a pat on the back:
:starts grinning like a fool of a Took:
I really think that adding the locations of Minas Tirith, Barad-Dur and maybe something like the Lonley Mountain or the Grey Havens would be a great addition to the choices of living in PT. And maybe even Minas Morgul. Because the good side has so much to choose from. What do you think?
I think it is a great idea. It would be neat to have a kind of PT election for members that want to help out with the site. I would love to be able to help out here, give something make to the homeland and all that stuff, if you know what I mean. Animated Wink Smilie
Yup Yup!! great ideas!! I love em' all!! This is sooo neat!! I love the thing about vote-for-me ads!!! That is great!! This is a wonderful idea!!
I've been thinking about the vote-for-me-ads, and I must say I think they will spoil the view of the site a bit, if they are everywhere. It must be a bit annoying for guests, who don't know any of the regulars and just want to check out the site or look something up. I mean, there are elections due next week here in Belgium, so there are vote-for-me-ads all over the place, and they do get on your nerves, to the point that you stop noticing them. So ads are fine, in my humble opinion, as long as there's a limit to them.
there also could be "Welcomers" that plan a welcoming celebration party thing
Bankers(PTers with a lot of money) :ahem:Taz:ahem:could give financial help to less fortunate PTers.
Quote:
there also could be "Welcomers" that plan a welcoming celebration party thing
Bankers(PTers with a lot of money) :ahem:Taz:ahem:could give financial help to less fortunate PTers.
Finacially, there are fewer less fortunate than Taz. He used to go without food so he could host this website; I understand that now with the institution of the supporters, he is able to eat two meals a day. So don't look for any monetary handouts from Taz other than your daily dose of Mithril. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I think the word "money" should be replaced by "mithril". Makes more sense then. Smile Smilie
sorry to kind to try to get you all loans or donations to worry about proper writing.
Very Big Grin Smilie
All of you have great ideas!!!! Thumbs Up Smilie
another suggestion to make the website better but to make Taz work harder. Sorry! We could have a place for concerns for members (bad wording) like a lost and found for members or where is he/she? thread. This came up because i noticed that Plasticsquirrel and hobbithomie05 have both been missing. They have been constant on our boards. They are missing! Orc Sad Smilie
See the thread on the right hand menu entitled Lost Souls? have a look in there. It is about people who have disappeared from here.

(Grondy merely enabled the link to Lost Souls, for when the thread drops-off the recent post list.)
I was wondering if we would get back the feature of being able to see what had been posted earlier when typing out a post. I miss that quite a bit, and find it helpful (especially for the very discombobulated people like myself..), when looking back for quotes or when having several posting windows open. Smile Smilie
And Taz, you're doing a great job on the new PT. Big Smile Smilie
The lost souls one is great. And I do agree with the Lady here, it's nice if you can see what thread you're posting in. If you have more than one window open (which is very often the case here) it can be quite confusing.

Maybe it would be nice if the new features or events or whatevers could have some sort of mark, so you see they are new. Easier to spot them then, and more people will find them sooner that way, I think.
Ho hum, I thought I had replied here. Obviously I didn't.
Quote:
And I do agree with the Lady here, it's nice if you can see what thread you're posting in.

I agree. I get quite confused at times. Tongue Smilie But I seem to recall Taz saying a while ago that this was something he did not plan to add, probably a LOT of work. Luckily Mozilla has tabs which makes it a bit easier for me.

Any new features will be loudly advertised, so it will be hard to miss. Trust me. Wink Smilie

(Grondy merely changed "he" to "be" in the last sentence.)
  << [1] [2]