Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Awards

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Suggestions > Awards   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>
Amarie animated my avatar for me. She's wonderful!

As for voting, I rarely get through to the page with the site banners so I don't know if my vote ever counts.

However, multiple voting shouldn't be possible, should it?

I would prefer to win fair and square. One vote per person etc.

So.... D-Rob into the flames?

Well, ordinarily, only one vote per person. I, uh, twisted and tweaked some network settings and other stuff and can fool the system. But you couldn't catch me anyway, Vee, cause I'm too sneaky...
D-Rob sneaks away...
Well D-Rob, not much use sneaking. The Eye sees all.

Quote:
Virumor (not only is his tongue sweet.....

What were you doing with him, Cloveress?
Me? *looks around innocently* Nothing. *continues wide-eyed innocent look*

Oh and guys, you can nominate anyone for any award you make up yourselves.
Most Make-out Sessions on PT: Cloveress?!?!?

Oh, and about that eye, it's not Vee's, so, I'm cool. No worries.
D-Rob quite sneakily sneaks away...
All evils are distant relatives, D-rob. But they'll never get you, you're too Gollum-like.

And I'm sorry I can't give awards to myself, now can I?

And make-out sessions? If you were referring to Vir, well, all I did was *accidentally* drop a jar of honey on his head. Really, people do get way too sensitive nowadays....
Why would you want to pick on Poor Cloveress!!

Most accidental: Cloveress Orc Grinning Smilie
You can crown me as "accidental Queen". *shrugs* I did get full marks for the accidentals section on my music theory test...
Okay Cloveress, we can do that, especially as you're never neutral, seldom flat, and always as sharp as a tack. [c]Cloveress is our 'Accidental Queen'. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

This is not to be confused with our 'Accident Queen' who is a self-proclaimed clutz, and who I shall refrain from naming to protect the innocent: I have forgotten her name and don't want to bother looking for those old posts.
*bows* I am delighted to see the high opinion you hold of me, O most esteemed Grondy. But my curiousity is getting the better of me. Who is this "Accident Queen" you speak of? I assure you that the innocent will not be harmed if this Queen had already self-crowned herself.
Accidental Queen? Have you watched the Princess Diaries again?
As a matter of fact, no, I haven't watched that thing for a long time now.

But hold on, folks! We'll see who the nobles of PT are when the April awards present themselves!
Really, we can't wait.
Has anyone actually bothered to watch Princess Diaries 2?? It's really not my thing :P (should there be a new wink with a stuck out tongue? :P we only have Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie and Dead Smilie )
We used to have a :p one, I didn't notice it was gone. Just as well though, it wasn't any good, it looked like a Big Smile Smilie smiley with a red mouth.

*waits for awards* I went from Most Attrictive to Most housewife-like, I do wonder what I have become this time. If I have gotten an award at all. I don't know which alternative is worst. Wink Smilie
at least you did get two awards running in two months, i didnt get anything Sad Smilie Wink Smilie
April Awards

Most biologically an Elf: Itarilde
Most quick-witted: Grondy (for actually knowing I was spreading Poison Ivy all over the Inn)
Most athletic: floyd_n_milan (the old fan of AC Milan. Didja know they're facing Barcelona soon?)
Most murderous: Virumor (sorry, Vee...)
Most infatuated: Elessar Lossehelin (I finally decided who should get this award)
Best at disappearing and making everyone think you'll reappear soon: Lord aragorn_86 (and he still hasn't come back yet)
Most poetic: Nwhagen (see how she speaks!)
Most historical: Miruvor (and he's GONE!)
Most resemblance to the Nurse in Romeo and Juliet: ummm... I won't name this one...
Most ogre-like: hmmm....who here is big and tough and has a wickedly stupid grin?
Most omnipotent: Grep (you do know everything, don't you?)
Most wistful: Amarie (there you go...)
Most classic PT character: Fionwe something something...i need to check up his name...
Most lovable: Pin a bow on Vee and cover her up with laces and ribbons, and she'll be very cute indeed
Most bird-like: Laurolome (She was always a bird)
Model Student: Mellon
Crankiest: some oldie here who's interuppted when he's watching Sesame Street
Poisoned to the worst degree: All in the Khazad-Dumish and Nymphatican Feast, with an honorary mention to Losse and Fionwe.
Most hateful: Some Balrog hiding in the cellars
Best witch: I dont' think we have any witches yet
Most ignorant of evil: (I'd really like to say myself, but obviously that would raise a few eyebrows and a lot of voices)
Most political: Well, it's not like we have a very political figure here (though Vir can sound like Bush sometimes)

And that's all for our April Awards, folks! If you think you missed an award you deserve or didn't deserve an award you got. Then by all means contact the Cloveress, twelve times winner of the "Stunner" title and your presenter on PT. Thank you all very much.
I campaign, and campaign, and campaign, and what do I get? Nothing...

D-Rob half-heartily sneaks away yet again...
Hooray!!!! i got an award!!!! thank you Floweress!!!
Congrats to all the winners and condolences to all us losers. ;-p We DESPERATELY need a smiley who winks AND razzes (I think this is what was being suggested above?) I lobby for one of those everywhere I go, but end up having to improvise like I have here. And I don't know we really have any political members due to the site rules preventing people from going political. For my part, one of the things I like about wotmania! is the absence of such a rule, but they're pretty good/bad about letting people get away with just about anything on the CMB as long as you don't attack a member personally. There's even a widely known way to get around the language filter, but I see no need to share that even there; if people want to use profanity that badly they can figure it out for themselves.
Quote:
(though Vir can sound like Bush sometimes)

Harsh but fair.

Quote:
Pin a bow on Vee and cover her up with laces and ribbons, and she'll be very cute indeed

And anyone trying this will suffer.
Quote:
Quote:
Pin a bow on Vee and cover her up with laces and ribbons, and she'll be very cute indeed

And if anyone does try it, they better use a railroad spike (1 inch square cross-section) in place of that pin, because it is going to take something bigger to tack Madam Butterfly to a display case so she can't eat you, even if you aren't a newbie. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Quote:
(though Vir can sound like Bush sometimes)

*sings*
Speed kills coming down the mountain
Speed kills coming down the street
Speed kills with presence of mind and
Speed kills if you know what I mean

Thx for the compliment.

Quote:

Oh no! Somebody angered our Oberaufseherin...
Angry? Moi? Nah. Although I would be if someone really did stick pink bows all over me.
This reminds me of when I was little, and a friend and I used to dress up the cat in doll's clothes. We knew we were risking life and limbs, but it was so much fun that it was worth the risk. Big Smile Smilie

Wistful! I had to look it up, but that's me. Happy Elf Smilie
Quote:
I campaign, and campaign, and campaign, and what do I get? Nothing...

Really, we could put you in for the best politician award.

And I don't mind suffering that much, Vee. You forget that I'm a sneaky little fairy (high five, D-rob!) and that you're a big clumsy Balrog. You can't catch me.

You're welcome for the compliment, Vir. It was a pleasure to give.

Quote:
you're a big clumsy Balrog

I'm a Nazgul. Feel the fear! You can't put frilly bows on a Nazgul.
i dunno really, it could be the nazguls birthday, or what if the Nazgul went to Hawaii, flowers drapped on them, they could do??? they're not all bad and when i say 'they're not all bad' im not refering of course to you, Vee AS all bad Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Quote:
I'm a Nazgul. Feel the fear! You can't put frilly bows on a Nazgul.

But no woman am I, Witch-Queen of Angmar!
Witch-queen?

Well, there goes our best witch award...
who else would it have gone to?? Vee tops it all!!!
Congratulations to all of this month's award winners! (I'm not a sore loser, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not! *sob* Sad Smilie)
hm, Eruwen, which award would you want? You could message Cloveress for the 'best dressed' or something... ( I like your avatar...)...

Yay! I have been remembered! I likes. Most bird-like... You know, my name was originally going to be 'Quesselaurea' which is supposed to mean 'feathers of gold' but it looks so cumbersome... Elf With a Big Grin Smilie I was the 'bird lady' in my last school, and so the name stays!!
I was wondering when some people would come back form their long long holidays to pay attention to these awards and (hopefully) the rest of the stuff going on here on PT. Really, Eruwen, haven't seen you for AGES... nice to see you again!
They were all unavoidably detained over Spring Break, filming Geek Girls Gone Wild:

"Take it off, take it off, take those horned rimmed glasses OFF, baby. Look out for that wall! *splat*"

This post was probably unnecessary (and certainly not meant as a shot at any of our members, just an entertaining general concept. ;-p)
well the thought was there??? ive been busy in the hols but i did notice that i got most infactuated, and i know that this has been answered before but Clover, is that award a good thing, it really does depend on the person who has awarded it
Quote:
I was the 'bird lady' in my last school, and so the name stays!!

Does that mean you subjected your fellow students to "the tar and the feathers"?
Quote:
hm, Eruwen, which award would you want? You could message Cloveress for the 'best dressed' or something... ( I like your avatar...)...

Oooo...I like that one. Smile Smilie (Thank you...about the avatar. Sad thing is...I forgot who the artist is. I wrote it in a message on PT ages ago, and now I can't remember. I better find it so I can tell people.)

Quote:
I was wondering when some people would come back form their long long holidays to pay attention to these awards and (hopefully) the rest of the stuff going on here on PT. Really, Eruwen, haven't seen you for AGES... nice to see you again!

Holidays!? Man, I wish. I've been writing my little fingers off. I have finished my thesis, all 90 pages of it!!! WOO HOO! (Well, finished until the comments come back on Parts 2 and 3, but my professor really liked Part 1, and I had very few changes to make.) My graduation will be on May 27th! I will have an MA in English Lit, and a Certificate to teach English Composition...and I don't think I will be using either *sigh*...well, not directly at least (indirectly can be assumed).

Quote:
They were all unavoidably detained over Spring Break, filming Geek Girls Gone Wild:

"Take it off, take it off, take those horned rimmed glasses OFF, baby. Look out for that wall! *splat*"

Geeks? Well, you don't know the member of PT very well then do you. I suppose many of us have interests that may be classified as "geekish," but as for looking like geeks, I think not. I, myself, am a California girl all the way...
Maybe, but since you're married I'm not sure why I should care. ;-p Anyway, congrats on successful completion of your Masters, even if can't tell you what to do with it. There's really only two things you CAN do, and for one of those the degree is optional. I'd offer up comments of my own for the recent updates, but I confess to being completely out of my depth.
I just found this thread. "Most Poisoned",Shocked Elf Smilie Cloveress, how is it that I get that award, shouldn't that be Icey? You mean the poison ivy vine you trailed across my character's cloaked shoulders? And I wasn't even present at the Nymphatian feast, I just stopped in on the way to the Khazad-Dumish Inn at the very beginning and left before you showed up, so Na-na-na-na-na Smilie.
But thank you for the "Most Classic PT character" award.Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
OH dear, what a lot of feedback from our lovely little members.

Eruwen, congrats on the MA, and hope you steer clear of Mor, who will be likely to ruin your marraige if you are blonde.

Fionwe, really, you think a fairy trickster like me couldn't find other chances to poison you? I've scattered my fairy glitter all over PT until the whole place is dense with my spirit. The air you breathe, the words you hear, you think anyone on PT who is active has not been under Cloveress' tricksy spells? Heeeheeeheeeeeee...

Elessar, I can't answer that. I mean, it's all in how you take it, y'know. If you think infatuation is a positive sort of passion, then congrats, but if you think it's a silly lovesick Romeo emotion, then throw the award down the drain. (btw, if you're English, you'd no doubt be very interested in football, UEFA semifinals!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, this time I'm all for AC Milan, floyd)
I am indeed blonde, but I don't think Mor is going to come between me and my man. My man has a cool British accent -- I have a severe case of Anglophilia, and have since I was about 5!
Quote:
My man has a cool British accent

So then does he speak cockney, or sound like someone from Lancashire?
Aye, she likes Blake, too, but allow me to reiterate: since she's married I'm not sure why I should care. ;-p For a lot of reasons, not least being it would impugn both our honors, cause undue pain and hardship to two other people and that I'm not too interested in a girl I can pry away from someone else (who then can be pried away from me, of course.) On the upside, maybe her hubby can go find my amorous Aes Sedai then, whom I haven't heard from in almost two weeks. :cries:
aaaw still no luck in finding her??? oh well keep it up Big Smile Smilie

I am english, not British, i dont like being called British, for numerous reasons, 1) im not Welsh, 2) im not Irish, 3) as i have seen on 'Friends' (which i love by the way) they refer to British as the 'ALLOW GAVNA' accent and not the scottish, welsh or irish accents, so it leaves them out, i like being called English, i dont speak the queens english but i do talk with a sense of helping people understand what im saying, my great uncle was born and bread in Bristle (Bristol) and sometimes i cant understand a word hes saying, for i was brought up in Malvern, the blessed place that i grew up and we talk posh there Smile Smilie
Yet England remains an integral part of Britain; without it Scotsman couldn't get to Wales and vice versa. If you want to live in the UK and don't want to be "British" (or 'British,' as the case may be) your only option is Ireland. ;-p
Quote:
without it Scotsman couldn't get to Wales and vice versa.

That's why they went by sea.
Quote:
So then does he speak cockney, or sound like someone from Lancashire?

He speaks like someone from South Yorkshire, Sheffield to be precise, the location of The Full Monty!

Quote:
I am english, not British, i dont like being called British.

I guess my husband isnt as uptight as you then. ;-) (jkhe really doesnt care though.) It's like saying I'm Californian, not American...hmmm...actually, maybe I DO prefer that, especially considering the current state of affairs! Smile Smilie

Yes, I'm sure my hubby doesn't like the fact that he must compete with my other British loves (unattainable though they may be), including Ioan Gruffudd, (sorry, should I say Welsh?), who is one of my favorites, especially as Horatio Hornblower. Good thing is my husband reminds me of him a bit. Of course, Jamie Bamber isn't too bad either. *sigh*
OH look how the convo has drifted! I'm sorry, Eruwen, but I don't know any names you've mentioned there. But I can understand your love for English guys. They are so much better than the American dudes you see most times now. They're more serious and usually have a better sense of humour. I know a few English guys myself, and they're all very nice people. The accent, of course, is tremendous. I now know why Americans like to do the accent when they're trying to impress a girl. But I apologize to Losse for calling him British. I mean, if you're English then you're British. But I personally think British sounds better.
Yes, quite the drifting conversation Smile Smilie. I think I dated two American boys/men growing up, and all of the rest were foreign. My first love was a British man from Middlesbrough whom I met in Edinburgh when I was 15, actually, we still write to one another funny enough. I found that American men just play so many more games, not really knowing what they want, wanting to play the field, blah, blah, blah, but the European men I have dated all seem to tell it like it is and to know what they want or don't want. They seem to be more straightforward, which I definitely prefer. Oh, and yes, Clover, you are correct...they do have wonderful senses of humor (or is it sense of humors?).
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>