Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Awards

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Suggestions > Awards   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>
I'll be preparing a new batch of awards for March. You can guarantee your name on it. And also, please define "spunk". I've never really gotten that word. Does it mean "punk"?
I have no complaints about the award I got. Wiggle Smilie
Quote:
And all you other members out there who seem to be surprised at your awards, by all means complain. I must say I get too little of these attitudes these days. You can be guaranteed of feedback from yours truly.

Yeah, forget what I said about team spirit. (Just kidding) Wink Smilie

Quote:
Eruwen, you love children, and you're forever trying to lead them in the right direction and all that. And to me, that would be mother-like.

I love children? I actually never wanted children growing up, and I was pretty adamant about it. It isn't until the past year that I have really started thinking about it...Oooo...perhaps you caught on to my maternal instincts developing. I actually do try to help people in the right direction though, or at least help them realize what they really want to do, and encourage them to follow that direction. Alright, alright, I'll go for it, "most mother-like," I supposed I just hate to admit it. Boo hoo.
Cloveress - are you a four leafed cloveress or the bog-standard three leafed?
For your sake, my sinister goddess, I will provide a detailed introduction to clovers.

The ones you most commonly see on the lawn and in parks are the trifoliums, members of the legume family. They have rounded leaflets with a faint "V" mark on them, and they are the clovers we usually refer to. Their flowers, seen in summer, grow in a rounded cluster at the top of a stem.

Red clover (Trifolium pratense) are the ones with red flowers. They usually grow to be more taller than the white clover, and their leaves are somewhat narrower, with a more disticnt "V" mark. Now being studied for cancer.

White clover (Trifolium repens) are the ones with white flowers. They are more ground-hugging and smaller than the Red clover. Leaf tea is a cure for colds, coughs, fevers, and leukhorrea.

Then there are the sweet-clovers, which are the Melilotuses. There is the yellow sweet-clover(Melilotus officinalis), and the white-sweet-clover (Melilotus alba). I am not too familiar with their medical uses, so I will not say any more about them. But they have very narrow leaflets, in a clover-like arrangment, and their stems are usually very skinny and tall. Their flowers are in long tapering spikes and not at all like those of the Trifoliums.

After this lengthy introduction, you will of course assume (correctly) that I am of the Trifoliums, and not the melilotuses, though I sometimes take on the name of Melilotus simply because it sounds better.
Instead of the White Hand they have a V mark - all mine, mine, mine!
Looks like Cactusess just swallowed a book on botany.
If she bought it on eBay would it be a 'botanEbay?

Coat!
So Cloveress, you forgot to explain why there are four-leafed trifoliums. I remember laying on our lawn on the ranch and in an hour finding three or four of the four leafed variety. Dad sowed clover as well as vetch and bluegrass in our back lawn, for it stood up to the foot traffic better than straight grass.

Spunky = showing courage, spirited, plucky, fiesty

I'm probably a know-it-not-at-all. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I'm not a cactus!! Cactuses are so innocent, the typical brave fool of the plants. But on another thought, I think I might consider changing myself to Digitalis purpurea or Solanum nigrum... Ah, but to make me truly dangerous, I must be Poison Ivy... Y'know, if Batman and Robin had some Jewelweed (or spotted touch-me-not), they'd have saved a lot of trouble.

As for the four-leafed specimen on your lawn, Grondy. I must implore you to go and check again if they are indeed of the Trifoliums. Get an herb manual or something. Don't just rely on my descriptions. If they are of the trifolium, then I must say it's probably just something unique in their genes, to make them grow that way, probably an added set of chromosomes or something. Are you sure your dad hasn't been messing with genetics?

Oh and by the way, don't go picking the Red Clovers. If they're diseased, they can cause an an awful lot of pain to you if ingested. And what's more, they show no outward signs of being diseased, so you can't tell them apart.
Poison Ivy was cute, but I still prefer her sister Venom Vine.
How about her cousin Terroreasa Thorn? Man you wouldn't want to be embraced by her, especially with that brace of sharpies in her vanguard. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
arg! im gone for 3 mayb 10 days and look wot happens!

Quote:
Most yelled at: Elrose

Quote:
Is this because you tried to eat Elrose?

why dont you make a new award??

Most made fun of: Elrose

AHHHHH
:P good to b back...:P
Venom Vine and Terroreasa Thorn... dear cousins! If only they could hear these poor lovesick young men...
Quote:
Cactuses are so innocent

I get the point. So, I'm a cactus now. No wonder I've been feeling a bit thorny nowadays.

Quote:
LA86, anyone would know I was merely being sarcastic.

Define "sarcastic".

Anyways, what did one cactus say to the other?
A: Nothing, cactii can't talk.
FYI, "sarcastic" means ironic, or unserious.

but I don't want everyone to start calling me "Cactusess" from now on, because then I wouldn't be able to talk.
I thought facetious meant "unserious, " Cactusess. :P Hm, silence means consent, right?
Most likely.

The Best Chef award goes to Vee, but only because she gets so much practice roasting all the newbies in the fires of Mount Doom.
Quote:
I'm not a cactus!! Cactuses are so innocent...

Shouldn't that be Cacti? Just wondering if you're talking about the same plant as I think you are.

And no award for me.... Sad Smilie *Walks away broken hearted*
I nominate Floyd for Most Likely to Make Me Think of Piper at the Gates of Dawn. Mind, I didn't say you'd WIN. ;-p
Well, yes it should be "cacti". My mistake, Floyd.

And just because I decided not to post here for a day doesn't mean I'm consenting to anything, Morambar. But it'll be March tomorrow, and I'll have a new batch of awards for you guys, as promised. Don't be hasty, folks!
AWARDS

Most informative: Gandalf-Olorin (he's very matter-of-fact)
Most member-like: floyd_n_milan (a goody goody if there ever was one...)
Most soft-hearted: Inwe (our new rp-lover)
Most fruity: Virumor (not only is his tongue sweet, but he gives us a lot of juicy tidbits about Tolkien)
Most purple/black with rage: Vee (how many more has she got on that list of hers now...hmmm?)
Most natural : Grondy (no arguments)
Most infatuated: let's give the fellow some peace
Most golden: Morambar (I'm imagining him to be wonderfully tanned)
Most angel-like: (pshaw... d'you really think there was anyone in that category?)
Most squashed: Valedhgwaleth (spelling? oh but he's just such a poor innocent guy who always seems to be bombarded with attacks from a variety of members)
Smartest: c'mon guys send in your nominees
Most horrific: do I need to shout the name out for you to know?
Most horrific's second in command and Most graphic: Gildor Inglorion (I'm glad you changed the avatar, man)
Most attracting: Maydmarion (sorry, Amarie...)
Most lifeless: Miruvor
Most lively: Hey, none of you went on a table and did an energetic jig, so nobody!
Most famous: Hey, is there anyone named Legolas here?
Most trustworthy: Etharion
Most housewife-like: Amarie and Vee (duh...all the CMs just sit back and let them do all the work) (sorry again, Amarie...)
Most flipsy-dipsy: D-rob (only because of that owlish avatar!)
Most murderous: A lot of people wish to kill me, there is no winner of this award, as they all wish me dead equally much

As usual, send in your enquiries, questions, comments and complaints to Cloveress. Feedback guaranteed (unless, of course, I suddenly die like Mir did).
How could you replace Amarie with Maydmarion?!? no offence Maydmarion!
Hey where do i fit into all of this???
A purple/black, horrific housewife who wishes to kill (or roast) you? Uncannily accurate....

The Award for giving away most awards goes to....

***drumroll***

........ wait for it.....

Winner to be announced soon!

Wiggle Smilie
Quote:
A purple/black, horrific housewife who wishes to kill (or roast) you?

Beetlejuice goes Fatal Attraction?

Quote:

Plenty, they're just not active. For instance, have you seen "Legolas War Serpent" post here already?
Quote:
Most horrific's second in command and Most graphic: Gildor Inglorion (I'm glad you changed the avatar, man)

You didn't like my avatar, eh? I'll remember it when I take out your heart. Smile Smilie
Quote:
Most attracting: Maydmarion (sorry, Amarie...)

Oh no... Orc Sad Smilie

Quote:
Most housewife-like: Amarie and Vee

Haaahahaaa! Ok, that made up for the loss of the other award. Elk Grinning Smilie
Quote:
Most golden: Morambar (I'm imagining him to be wonderfully tanned.)

Sorry, but the blood of the Gael is strong in me. Marion Zimmer Bradleys little blue ones, not the red haired giants who came over from France after the Gallic Wars. Maybe some of both; 5'10" is a bit tall to be a little blue person. But regardless of which side gave it, I'm quite pale, particularly given I'm also 1/8th American Indian.

But I'm greedy for gold, or at least golden haired leggy women, so good enough. In the words of the Brain, "I'd like to thank my momma and Jesus. " Oh, yeah, and Cloveress.
I will not comment on my 'most fruity' award, considering the meaning of the word 'fruity' in slang.

Quote:
But I'm greedy for gold, or at least golden haired leggy women

Going for the 'most infatuated', too?
I wanna be a part of this, name one for meeeeeee!!!!
Most roastable?
No more awards for me Sad Smilie...hmmm, maybe I should be "most greedy!"
hmmm, im very thin so i wouldnt taste good, hey i was being nice to you in other threads *sob* oh well Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I'm getting there, Grondy. I may be Bonded soon; I thnk I met the girl of my dreams at wotmania. Or a middle aged, 300 lb. balding Chuck. I'm a shoo in for most desperate though. ;-p
Quote:
Most infatuated: let's give the fellow some peace

wots infatuated? and why do i feel like you are secretly making fun of me??
Quote:
and why do i feel like you are secretly making fun of me??

Because you'll be recieving the award for 'most paranoid'.
D-Rob crouches down and looks for Vee. When he doesn't see her, he relaxes greatly

I'm out campaigning for Most Likely To Be Roasted By Vee But Vee Can't Because I'm Too Sneaky Award. Vote for me people!!!
That's.... sneaky!

But thanks to Amarie I now have permanent FIRE! I can wait...
I made a flame imperisable. Whacha think about that, Morgoth? Huh? Moaaaahahahaaaa!! Very Evil Smilie
Quote:
But thanks to Amarie I now have permanent FIRE!

I knew you were a fan of The Bangles. Now, start walking like an Egyptian.
Quote:
Most member-like: floyd_n_milan (a goody goody if there ever was one...)

Huh?

Quote:
Most squashed: Valedhgwaleth (spelling? oh but he's just such a poor innocent guy who always seems to be bombarded with attacks from a variety of members)

Double huh??

Quote:

Reminds me of Legolaslass. I wonder where she's been.. haven't seen her for ages.

Quote:
Smartest: c'mon guys send in your nominees

Ikarus, without a doubt. He definitely has one forum post that I've seen. I think he has 3 posts in total.
Elessar, didn't I give you a "most gentleman-like" award? Oh well, I guess you didn't see it, or maybe it was the February award. Anyways, you'll just have to be the "most suitable for barbeques" person right now, seeing as Vee's in a doubly vicous mood.

floyd, puh-lease..... don't act as if you don't know what I mean...

Vir, I'd really like to know what "fruity" means in slang? I've always thought of fruity as in a nice fruity drink (fruit punch!) or as in very juicy and edible.

My apologies to Eruwen, but you are not qualified for the "most greedy" award due to the fact that you are not yet on the level of greed my baby cousin is demonstrating.

D-rob, glad to see your owl has been eliminated, sneaker.

Amarie, I actually thought yo'd be in a fit to go from being most beautiful to being a housewife. But anyways, girls do need to work. Go girl!

Morambar, you're Gaelic? Wow, that has just got "golden" all over it. Celts were famous for those golden things they had, right? But doesn't matter if you are pale, just run for the "fairest of Planet Tolkien" award next month (April, yes!).

And Vir, wouldn't I just love to find out who you're infatuated with.

Vee, do NOT roast me, or else you won't get the "best chef" award for April.

Gildor, you can't take out my heart just because you're heartless.
It had always been my understanding Celts (like the Eldar, and me) preferred silver to gold, but perhpas I was misinformed. Frankly, I'm more interested in hearing about this beautiful housewife, and whether she's single (the kind of thing you miss when you disappear for six months.) Can't let wotmania have ALL the online marriages (weird; I think there's been, like, THREE couples who met there maried just during my eight month presence.)

Oh, yeah, and since there's 207 people online right now, why don't ten percent of them (or more; I'm not proud) GO VOTE FOR PT AT THE TOP 100 SITE!!! NOW! PT will be here when you get back, and you click on our banner as soon as you hit "enter and vote" to get right back. If 25% of the people who voted in our weekly poll voted for us there, we'd walk away with it.
Quote:
Vir, I'd really like to know what "fruity" means in slang? I've always thought of fruity as in a nice fruity drink (fruit punch!) or as in very juicy and edible.

Homosexual.

Quote:
Can't let wotmania have ALL the online marriages (weird; I think there's been, like, THREE couples who met there maried just during my eight month presence.)

Did they really marry, or did someone gather 13 Aes Sedai and 13 Myrddraal?

Quote:
And Vir, wouldn't I just love to find out who you're infatuated with.

Overly curiosity will prove detrimental to you one day, Alice.
you didnt Orc Sad Smilie but it's nice of you to feel that way
Quote:
Most gentlemen-like: Val

Most Roastable is really up to Vee, im just waiting and waiting for the final swift blow to my head Paranoid Smilie
Yeah, they really married; the various husbands were QUITE clear on that point. A shame, really, particularly in the case of they cute little blonde archer. And of course I'm not even counting the "I met my girlfriend on wotmania three years ago" people. I guess that's the difference between a site run out of Michigan and those oh, so proper British fuddy-duddies. ;-p
Quote:
Gildor, you can't take out my heart just because you're heartless.

That's exactly why I need yours. You seem to have a rather big one.
Although this doesnt have anything to do woth this thread i just have to say, I love your Avatar Vee, suits you fine!
Yes, and soon you will be tossed into the fires of Vee's avatar.
Vee, it's not fair that you get a fire so close to you all the time. At least when you had your last avatar you had to haul everyone to Mount Doom. Not that I ever went, because I'm too sneaky...

By the way, I decided I need to fess up to something. Well, recently Planet-Tolkien has been getting more votes than it should from one person. Well, I'll be honest, it's me. I only voted 3 times this week, but still... I'll do better in the future! I promise!
No Vee, you can't roast me for that.(D-Rob sneaks away...)
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>