Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Awards

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Suggestions > Awards   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>
Quote:

Wha? I'm an Elf, how did I end up with a Dwarven parent? LMAO!!!!!!!!! Big Smile Smilie

That's called the uncertainties of genetic law. Maybe your mother was an elf!!??

Thanks for the award clover though i just got to know that i'm the father of several children. Elk Grinning Smilie

What does "The Ponderer" mean clover. And i don't think i'll mind the Aule jokes meneldur as long as i can joke about manwe. Very Evil Smilie
Quote:
It's what you get when a Dwarf has children with an Elf, you get stubborn Elves

Or it could go the other way, and you get tall, beautiful, musically-talented Dwarves. Wink Smilie

Quote:
though i just got to know that i'm the father of several children.

Hey I think you need to be paying some child support over here. Hmmmm I think 20 mithril pieces per day sounds good. We'll have to see if Grep can arrange that.

Quote:
And i don't think i'll mind the Aule jokes meneldur as long as i can joke about manwe.

You can joke about whatever you want, "DAD". We just hope you like bright green nail polish on your toes, cause that's what we're gonna do next time we catch you napping after dinner, LOL! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Quote:
Or it could go the other way, and you get tall, beautiful, musically-talented Dwarves. Wink Smilie

Yuck!!! Whoever heard of that. It's a terrible disgrace, thought we can play music all right.
Father............................is that you?
Is there anything you would like to explain mother that you never happened to mention before-er just the teeniest wee bit of info? Smile Smilie
Well, since there were no Dwarven women, the Dwarves must reproduce by breaking into Men's homes and stealing a fair young lady to bear their children... similar to the Romans turning to the Sabines when they were short of maidens.

In fact all disappearances of women in the town of Esgaroth was not due to Smaug, Orcs, Wargs or the Necromancer. No, the terrible truth is that it was the Dwarves!

And indeed, this was also the real reason behind Gimli's infatuation with Galadriel; twas not reverence, let alone "love", twas mere the case of a Dwarf suffering from Pon Farr at the most inopportune time - the War of the Ring.
Quote:
It's a terrible disgrace, though we can play music all right.

You call *THAT* music? Sounds like Glaurung with indigestion. And those Khuzdul lyrics... nobody but Dwarves can understand the words, LOL! Forget it Dad... just admit that your generation has weird music. Wink Smilie
Quote:
Grep's son by Amarie: Virumor and Vee (they always seemed to get along fine)

I may just have to agree with.. umm.. my beloved son. That's just all wrong. Freaky! Shocked Smilie Wary Smilie
Yes, the little sylph really presumes too much. I'll be thinking of a befitting Draconian punishment for her impudence.
Quote:
I'll be thinking of a befitting Draconian punishment for her impudence.

Will it have anything to do with Styrofoam, pins, and a chloroform jar? Very Evil Smilie
Awwww.... It's so nice to see everyone bonding with each other. Amarie calls Vir "beloved" and Loss and Meneldur are already allying themselves in fraternal pursuits! This is too good!

Quote:
Will it have anything to do with Styrofoam, pins, and a chloroform jar?

ohooo... That wiped the smile off my pointy greenish face...

Of course we Elves allied ourselves, we have a Dwarf as a parent... it was inevitable,

Quote:
Or it could go the other way, and you get tall, beautiful, musically-talented Dwarves

That is an insult, and stubborn Elves we are, so we aren't about to admit we are part Dwarf Orc Smiling Smilie Ahhh the mischief is endless Orc Grinning Smilie
Quote:
and Loss and Meneldur are already allying themselves in fraternal pursuits! This is too good!

We even answered a Trivia Question together...Loss got the first half and I got the second half, LOL!!!!

Quote:
so we aren't about to admit we are part Dwarf /Orc Smiling Smilie/

Well apparently I must be part-Nmenorian as well, since I share the same name as one of their kings. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Quote:
Will it have anything to do with Styrofoam, pins, and a chloroform jar?

I was thinking more of DDT.
Oh Vir,
you ALWAYS make me smile. That is quite the explanation. Tis hard to be female, even harder to be an elf maiden in the vicinity of spunky Dwarves I see.
Now if only we could be allowed to see one another in pictures, that would be the most fun to have us grouped in our families. sigh........life sometimes is hard, even in Middle-Earth.
I don't miss pictures. Except on the Council page, which really needs an update. Pictures just show what you look like, but what you write and which avatar you choose shows who you are.

Also, we would have to admit that we aren't really elves and faeries and dwarves.
RE: the council page update. I submitted a photo a couple of years ago to replace the Cuddly Badger, the Plastic Squirrel kindly supplied as a place holder; however, that was never addended either. With absenttee landlords, I guess you get what you pay for. Orc Grinning Smilie
Oh ,that was so nice to see you alll again Smile Smilie I specially like Grondys picture , but where is my "brother in law" loving Vir ? YOU I love your picture AMA
see how everyone's warming up to each other? I don't deserve DDt; I should get a medal instead!
Quote:
Tis hard to be female, even harder to be an elf maiden in the vicinity of spunky Dwarves I see.

Tis very easy to escape them insolent buggers, though - just take a bite of the poisonous apple and await the kiss of the fair Prince in your glass coffin! Just hope it's not a Prince of the House of Fanor!
Could you BE more harsh...

Where be the July Awards Fair Clover?... Orc Smiling Smilie
Cloveress has to be here to post the awards; besides, it's early in the month and maybe we didn't deserve any this month, have you considered that. So: don't look a gift horse in the mouth; don't stick your head in the lion's mouth; and don't bite the hand that feeds you. She will do it in her own time, Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie :elfbibbrin: That was supposed to be: Elf With a Big Grin Smilie.
As Gandalf said " She arrives precisely when she means to..." Good to see you around fellowsSmile Smilie
Twas only a simple question Grondy, I only asked because she usually posts the awards in the middle-ish time of the month for that very month, not at the end...

But secretly it was a plan to ask when she will come back to us Orc Smiling Smilie
July Awards

Best quoter: Mellon (You were right.)
Best quoted: Gandalf (As were you)
Best kiss-blower: Amarie (something about the being "pretty" part)
Languisher: Leelee (you're lying on your bed and languishing like Arwen for Aragorn)
Most Leering: Gildor Inglorion (never stopped doign that, really, deserved an award)
Heartiest Laughter: Rafael (Ho Ho Ho!)
Deafredan: Elessar Lossehelin (it means 'Clear Sighted' in Faerie)
One Who Has Faith: Grondmaster (You've never doubted me for even one second)
Most Precise: Galin (love how you quote the dictionary)
Most Aggressive: Lord of All (Didn't you get an award like this before? Well, you deserve it twice)
Most Innocuous: Sian o'/the Green (did I put the slash in the right place? Anyways, you're a hobbit through and through)
Craftsmen To Be: Rgnvaldur Konr Helgason, Turgon anwamane (Good luck with the sword and bows, though I'm not relinquishing my own faerie weapons for any price)
Most Riddling: Virumor (it also refers to your resemblence to the fictional character Tom Riddle)
Most Mirthful: Meneldur Elentirmo (I promise not to drop sleeping herbs into your drinks)

And may that be all that goes for this long, long month! Congratulations to all who have recieved an award, and may you all blame me for not showing up earlier. I'm sorry I made you wait, but I arrived today, when something somebody said made today the precise time I wished to arrive.

Now bow and flourish, and exit la Cloveress.
And then this little piggy, that little piggy, and those little piggies all went wee, wee, wee all the way to their home in western Lincolnshire. A fine day for all of swine kine. I deserve a "Worst Pun" award for that one, but I'll be content if it is overlooked.
Most aggressive?

Say rather 'One who is faced often with ignorance and people in denial' and you hit nearer the mark... Wink Smilie
Quote:
Best quoter: Mellon (You were right.)

Thanks CloverSmile Smilie Good to see you back at PT Smile Smilie
LoA I think you are a brilliant member of PT we need all kind of knowledge .You know your stuff and I'm sure more than me have learned a lot from you Smile Smilie Keep it up mate
Quote:
Deafredan: Elessar Lossehelin (it means 'Clear Sighted' in Faerie)

Thank ye young lass... and I am glad that I can clearly see your name once again in the threads...
Most leering... Hmm, that'd suit me.
Ah darling Cloveress, truly you must have some sort of looking glass to know us so well. I AM languishing, it used to be for my beloved, but now it is just for AN ELVEN FATHER.
sniff. somehow lately I have felt shorter.
I give Cloveress an award for being the most courageous and daring, I mean to give u s some of the awards she does. NEVER give out your address darling!
oh and Vir...............yikes, that was quite the answer. It was rather harsh dear Vir, but I suppose it could have been worse? Smile Smilie
Quote:
LoA I think you are a brilliant member of PT we need all kind of knowledge .You know your stuff and I'm sure more than me have learned a lot from you Keep it up mate

Careful Mellon or you might undermine my aggressive persona. Very Big Grin Smilie

And flattery we will get you anywhere in my book.
Quote:
Careful Mellon or you might undermine my aggressive persona.

NO.. LoA Big Laugh Smilie We know you by now
All I can say in my defence - at least I liven up debates...
Awww. Leelee... you know I have a soft spot for you... But I don't think anything I could do right now could cure your languishing. You must walk out of it, like you walk out of a shadow across a country path...

And LoA, I never thought I'd be saying this, but during my absence, I've actually developed sympathetic thoughts about you. I mean, you're not THAT bad... just a little hot-tempered and impatient, that's all... but rough manners doesn't mean a rough heart, so I guess we can patch things up between us, having started on the wrong foot...
Quote:
And LoA, I never thought I'd be saying this, but during my absence, I've actually developed sympathetic thoughts about you. I mean, you're not THAT bad... just a little hot-tempered and impatient, that's all... but rough manners doesn't mean a rough heart, so I guess we can patch things up between us, having started on the wrong foot...

Have you been reading Pride & Prejudice again?
Quote:
Have you been reading Pride & Prejudice again?

Well, actually, I did happen to skim through a few of the more interesting scenes some weeks ago...

Are you still cynical towards Jane Austen's works?
Quote:
Well, actually, I did happen to skim through a few of the more interesting scenes some weeks ago...

Not cynical, it just explains a lot. That's all.
Lord of All is no Darcy, though.
While we are on the subject of English novels dealing with the petty affairs of Victorian nobles, hopefully for you he is no Heathcliff (that much).
So what novel villain have we decided I most closesly resemble? Perhaps you could select one out of The Silmarillion? Wink Smilie
Darcy wasn't a villain! Though Heathcliff could certainly pass as one....

But out of the Silmarillion villains, you, LoA, most resemble... hmmm.. let's see... Well, there are only a few truel villains in the Sil, like Morgoth, Sauron, Ungoliante, Glaurung... And as you are neither a dragon nor a spider, I shall have to choose between Sauron and Morgy. Now which one of them is a know-it-all? Both, really. And which one of them makes their fellow planet-dwellers miserable for sport? Both of them again, really. Which seeks to spread their thoughts like black meshes over everyone else? Why is the answer still BOTH, REALLY!!!!????

Well, I guess I can't decide.. Though if it was not restricted to the Sil you would definitely be Tom Riddle.
I'd say Mm the Petty Dwarf.
Oh Vir, be a little more gentle-hearted, will you? That comment would surely cause no small bruise on LoA's darkened heart.
Actually I thought his comment quite amusing. No insult can darken a black heart Clover.
And out of preference I will choose to be Morgoth, Master of the Fates of Arda, thought Mim could give him a run for his money.

You most remind me of Maeglin Virumor. Fare of speech to the unwary stranger but treacherous when exposed.
Or if that doesn't ring any bells how about Bill Ferny?
Ooooo! Insults....
*Gets popcorn and sits on edge of seat*
*shakes head exasperatedly*
Men...

*now reaches out and takes a handful of Loss's popcorn. Chomps happily*

And Vir is NOT Maeglin. I mean, since when was Vir ever fair of speech?
Quote:
Ooooo! Insults....

Mine were compliments.
To those who are monsters normality is a monstrosity... Indeed I see that now!
Indeed true, just the same as insane folk won't admit or know that they are insane themselves...

Hopefully whatever monstrosity is present, let's hope that madness is not a contributing factor...

*sucks fizzy drink through straws and munches on popcorn... offers more to The Cloveress*
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>