Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Awards

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Suggestions > Awards   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>
nervously grabs and drinks a little of that fizzy drink to calm the worry that soon the insults will turn to an all out good old fashioned ME war. My oh my it does seem that men are much more sensitive inside than even we ladies. They DO get their feathers ruffled so very easily. Poor things, I don't know what to do to help. Where's the alka whatsits when you need t hem.

Clover darling congratulations on your driving. Somehow I see you driving Nancy Drews convertible. How adorable.
I'm guffawing now (and I'm only using that word because it seems like the sort of Crabbe/Goyle laughter that you emit when you watch two men fight). I've just picked up a thought, if women's fights are called "catfights" then could men's fights be called "bullfights" or something? Because Vir and LoA did kinda remind me of bulls back there... though now they seem rather determined not to talk, as if to deprive us of our entertainment... But I guess our purpose here is fulfilled, for a grave ME war has been dissolved before our eyes! Dark days would've come upon us had the two greatest forces of the Shadow combatted for supremity.
Bulls... Don't know about that. Bulls snort and ram their heads into things. Vir is more cat-like in my opinion. You know the looks you can get from a cat, they don't even bother to roll their eyes at you. If a cat could talk and graciously would choose to talk to you, I'm sure it would sound just like Vir.
Quote:
nervously grabs and drinks a little of that fizzy drink to calm the worry that soon the insults will turn to an all out good old fashioned ME war. My oh my it does seem that men are much more sensitive inside than even we ladies. They DO get their feathers ruffled so very easily. Poor things, I don't know what to do to help. Where's the alka whatsits when you need t hem.

Quote:
I guess our purpose here is fulfilled, for a grave ME war has been dissolved before our eyes! Dark days would've come upon us had the two greatest forces of the Shadow combatted for supremity.

Typical for females to make a mountain out of a molehill.
Greatest forces of Shadow combatting for dominance? Well if you think Bill ferny has a chance against The Lord of All.....
This is the Awards thread folks meant to improve our self-images with the occasional gag thrown in to clear the air; not to ruffle the feathers of our proud pugilistic peacocks and mild mannered peahens. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Wow! What fun!

Hey Virumor, I think LoA called you a "blueberry pancake"!

LoA, I distinctly heard Vir say that you were "a marble-headed patty popper"!

Okay...go! Very Evil Smilie

(Disclaimer: I, nor any party hereto associated with me, do not endorse or encourage any squabbling, ill-intended remarking, antagonizing of egos, crushing of souls, dismemberment, boiling in hot oil, or any form of arguing, torture, machismo displays or intellectual competitions. I do, however, whole-heartedly encourage having a good time, being ridiculous, whimsical or any derivative of said qualities. Thank you for choosing Laurel Disclaimers as your one-stop source for nonsensical statements.)
August Awards

Most belligerent: Lord of All (In my mind, you were the more vicious of the two fighting forces)
Most rolly-eyed: Virumor (you were just exasperated, weren't you?"
Most vivacious: Larelindhe ilmarin (I hope I got that right...)
Most sincere: Grondy (you wanted that fight to end very much indeed-y, eh?)
Most tenacious: Floyd_n_milan
Most cutie-pie: (how long has it been since I gave an award with no recipient?)
Most cynical: Virumor
Lover of Trees: Leelee
Lover of Seas: Raphael
Lover of Stone: D-rob
Lover of Games: Lemaly Orangeflower
Gone Like the Wind: Amarie
Staying Like the Ink-stains on One's Blouse: Elessar Lossehelin (Haha... We can both be jokers...)
Swaying Like Dandelions in the summer: Mellon (we're losing bits and bits of you with each breeze!)
Friendly Star of PT: (This is one award I am jealous to give out; perhaps I will revisit this thought when I have expelled the seeds of Morgoth from my tiny chest)
Family-finder: Jobo the Hobo (how do you find this new home?)
Very Verde: Sian o' the Green
Crooning Cerulean: Arath (there is a blue impression about you, though I do not think yo uare much of a crooner)
Tatooed: Arath (what is with me today? my mind seems to close in on a single spot)
Lithe as the Deer: Corgon Swiftblade

Alrightey folks. That is it for the month of Augustus. Please enjoy September. school will be starting. But don't booohooo out so fast. remember, the Cloveress is here!

Quote:
Swaying Like Dandelions in the summer: Mellon (we're losing bits and bits of you with each breeze!)

Thanks Smile Smilie But the breeze will keep on Happy Elf Smilie
Vivacious! Wow! Thank you so much, dear Cloveress...that is a gigantic compliment! Smile Smilie
Quote:
Gone Like the Wind: Amarie

Aww, I was remembered this month too! That's so sweet! Big Smile Smilie
I haven't truly been gone, I do try to keep an eye on this place, collect my mithril and vote everyday. But I have been very very quiet. Mostly because my mind drifts (more than usual) and I never get around to actually finishing a post.

Perhaps this is a good time to mention that I am veeery pregnant and the baby is due in 3-4 weeks time (sept. 12th). That might help to explain a thing or two. Ama's gonna be a Mama! Orc Smiling Smilie
Congrats Ama!!!! *Gives a scone* Orc Grinning Smilie

Quote:
Staying Like the Ink-stains on One's Blouse: Elessar Lossehelin (Haha... We can both be jokers...)

It could be because I'm permanent ink or covered in glue... in whatever case, you can't be rid of me... Mwahahahahahahaha *evil laughs* ahahahahahhaaaaaaaa.......
Quote:
Friendly Star of PT
That friendly star, a big Gold one, ought to go to Cloveress, our oun perceptive pert pixie. Wiggle Smilie
Quote:
That friendly star, a big Gold one, ought to go to Cloveress, our oun perceptive pert pixie.

I couldn't agree more Grondy Smile Smilie
Quote:
Ama's gonna be a Mama!

I didn't know Amari , Congratulations Happy Elf Smilie
Quote:
That friendly star, a big Gold one, ought to go to Cloveress, our oun perceptive pert pixie.

Veto.
Quote:
Lover of Seas: Raphael

I do thank you, Clever Clover! And the brightest star, becomes you!! Angel Smilie

Baby Girl Smilie My regards to MamaAma-to- be!!
I do agree with Grondy and Vir, Cloveress gets a gold star, covered with mithral dust , she truly is all that and more.
I do do do love trees;ah if only we could all behave like a majestic pine, or a strong, solid oak, perhaps a weeping willow now and then, etc.
Amarie, I wish you every happy and good thing. I t hought the description of Mellon was very poetic.
Both forests and woods, nature and peace should be more common in this world, there is just not enough nowadays, well, from where I come from...

In the meantime, imagining such a place could do just as well, could be your own special Utopia Orc Smiling Smilie
Quote:
Veto.

Does your veto holds any value, or is it just another grovelling, Vir? Very Big Grin Smilie Shocked Smilie Angel Smilie
Most Belligerent? Most vicious of the two fighting forces? You bring out the best in me Cloveress. Very Big Grin Smilie
Ah, well, LoA, you do know that the light brings with it shadow. Smile Smilie

And Vir, a veto? Is that all you have to say? No tirade? No one thousand and one reasons why I should not be given a golden star? No rotten tomatoes or banana peels? Why, that's actually gracious of you...

Congratulations Ama! You're probably VERY heavy by now! Ah, may your household be a joyous one!

I flap my tiny little wings once on my side of the world, and through the pixie effect, you shall all experience a light autumn breeze on your cheeks next Monday.
Quote:
I flap my tiny little wings once on my side of the world, and through the pixie effect, you shall all experience a light autumn breeze on your cheeks next Monday.

I'd rather expect for another level 5 hurricane to visit the Carribean.
Humph!
Ungrateful wretch!
Ah, such a happy family; don't they sound just like siblings? Elk Grinning Smilie
They are like Ying and Yang .. need both to make the balance on our planet Big Laugh Smilie
September Awards

Did you guys all lose faith in me? Hope not.

Becoming friendly: LoA (hahaha! who'd ever have thought of this?)
Becoming shrill: Virumor
Becoming romantic: Loss (did you just meet Keats or something?)
Becoming silvery: Rafael (you'll be Celeborn the Wise soon)
Becoming witchy: Si'an othe green
Becoming magical: Leelee
Becoming merry: Turin Turambar
Becoming lazy: nah.. I think we're all hard workers here...
Becoming indulgent: Grondy
Becoming wise: (oooooo.... wonder who this'll be?)
Imaginative Spring: Ar-edain 37
Becoming human: sorry, but Vee, this goes to you
Becoming comtemplative: Gandalf-olorin
Becoming humble: Mellon
Becoming silly: everyone on the planet
Becoming sticky: is anyone here by any chance an Ent?
Becoming sadistic: A pity all of our most acrid speech-makers softened up in the end...
Becoming altruistic: Grondy
Becoming a court jester: Scarroth (Wonderful poem! Bet you're quick-witted as well)
Becoming oily: I don't think Men oiled their hair in those days...
Becoming reflective: D-rob (I can't say how proud of you I am)

Quote:
Did you guys all lose faith in me?

We never will CloverSmile Smilie
Quote:
Becoming humble: Mellon

Thanks for the award Clovergirl..I try my best
'Becoming Friendly' - Now the real insults start coming. Belligerent and vicous I can cope with but 'Friendly'??? Will I ever live it down?
When some lore topics come back to light then its all out war...
Dear Valar in the West! I am still faithful, and so are my friends. Big Smile Smilie

LoA, I think it just shows that compliments can realy change a character, be he good or evil... Maybe if the Elves flattered Morgoth a bit more, he'd have been friendlier...
Quote:
Becoming silvery: Rafael (you'll be Celeborn the Wise soon)

Quote:
Maybe if the Elves flattered Morgoth a bit more, he'd have been friendlier...

Yes, there are silver threads among....., but when you're pointing to the Wise Celeborn and in your next post are mentioning a darker one! Then I see that I have to be friendlier. You are avoiding another Morgoth character Angel Smilie Bad! Smilie Good and Evil Smilie Bad! SmilieAngel Smilie

Thank you Clever Lass!
becoming famous and flying high: dear Cloveress. How you find the time to do this even is beyond me. But you are a dear. I think at night when the stars are fiery and the moon liquid silver you get into your little car and saying a few Middle-Earth words , voila up up into the sky you go and travel the world by night learning more in an hour than I could in years.
And then you come back and share and we are all the better for it.
Oh if we could only keep you here forever........
I was witchy? Super Scared Smilie I apologise for whatever I did!
Quote:
I was witchy? I apologise for whatever I did!

I hope she wasn't to serious about that Sian .You are full of wisdom and knowledge and are becoming a mother to us all ..even for meSmile Smilie
Quote:
Did you guys all lose faith in me? Hope not.

Again you presume too much. When did we ever have faith in thee? Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Thank you Mellon, You're very reassuring and you made my day although I'm not sure I really deserve the term wise..

Have to admit to being somewhat taken aback at being termed witchy, though, Cloveress, could you explain ?
When I read that I th ought she meant very sensitive in your spirit, someone who picks up things others miss.
As for me I think Sian is like a angel, she just 'shows' up with the right thing to say that brings such a smile and a sigh of peace , least that has been my experience. Smile Smilie
Oh right, the witchy thing. I was referring to that supernatural happenings thread. Sorry, forgot to mention that in the awards post. You just seemed to have been touched by the invisble beings around us... I wasn't being serious when I pronounced you as witchy! Well, you never know, maybe Harry Potter witchy, but don't worry, you're not Macbeth witchy...

And Leelee, alwyas there with kind words! Planet Tolkien's like a paradise I could slip into for a few hours at a time. I could never leave it. Strange, remember a time when I'd spend hours just surfing the web for Tolkien sites. It's been long since I did that. Smile Smilie

And Vir, still sarcastic. He's a dear, too, isnt' he, Leelee? (That ought to pop that vein in his temple...heehee)
Oh, my Leelee! I'm anything but an angel!

Cloveress, thank you for clarifying, now I really like my award. Harry Potter witchy Smile Smilie

I agaree, PT is like a little bit of paradise among all the other boards and discussion lists. I visited a lot of other Tolkien boards but stopped when I came to this one, too. I also belong to a model horse related board and its nice in the way the sofware works and in the way it's designed but there are some members who just seem to look for things to be offended at and then all h*** breaks loose. Its not a place I can talk freely.

Thanks to all for making this board such a haven!
How picturesque Cloveress, your thoughts on Planet-Tolkien, that is so true, I feel just the same.
When little Hasia went with Clayton last night to shop I put on the second half of Return of the King, we would not put any of it on around her, and instantly I was transported and not in this present place. It was wonderful.

About dear Vir, I think he is a sweet heart, I really do. That grouchy old man thing, well he reminds me of Hasia. When she is feeling a certain way and gives me one of h er'mean looks'(I'm being bad today she says) I smile and pull her to me and kiss her. She pushes me away and says her growly things. But when I look back I see she is very happy just the same.
Vir doesn't like to think, in my opinion, that we could possibly see him as soft and cuddly, sweet and emotional. Then he would have to put a carebear on as his avy.
But just the same the more he tries to be rude, the dearer I think him to be.
So go ahead Vir dear, give me your best shot. Smile SmilieAnd dear Sian, whatever you are, you are terribly special and truly a dear person to me.
Misty eyed and speechless, Leelee.
Isn't this all very cosy? Perhaps you could all exchange daisy chains? Dead Smilie
Now now dear Lord of All,
sometimes one gets weary of orcs, orcs, orcs,(I say this in the nicest way), and just wants to say something kind, from the heart. LIfe cannot be all standing in fear and fatigue and just anger on top of Helm's Deep. Sometimes rose petals and song and kind words must fill the atmosphere too.
And besides you dear thing, you do not deceive me.Did not our very own Cloveress say you were getting nicer, which I noticed too. This then is a very transparent attempt to go back to your former ways of being noticed. You are very sensitive. So here I have made just for you your very own daisy chain and see how I fashioned LOA right into the centre.For a very special flower child.
You may gag now. Smile Smilie
ROFL!!! Oh the tears! Oh my ribs! Leelee is so nice and sweet, but watch out for her bat.
I've got tears in my eyes now... Oh to think that this thread, which has seen many a sadistic battle of words and many heated arguments, is now a haven!

Leelee, you are wonderful at mushing things up for everyone. We do need to be gentle sometimes... actually, we're too hard on ourselves and each other most of the time anyways... it's good to feel loved Angel Smilie

And I notice that Vir is remaining silent. Has the very purified air of this new sanctuary abhorred him so much that he is now instinctively keeping away? I'm not worried, though. He'll be back... sometime.

And LoA, I'm sure you'll be battling and being vicious soon. But for now, you could certainly give us a little bit of tenderness?
I fear you are living in perhaps blissful ignorance? Tender? Sensitive? It appears you would be able to see such characteristics in Bin-laden Leelee and Clover. Very Mad Smilie But I appreciate the blind optimism all the same.... Angel Smilie
I would love to comment but I found the dearest beeswax candle in the shape of a daisie with a tiny bee atop it and have lit it for our sweet LOA while I finish wrapping a brand new beige piece of felt to send to Vir to mend his avy, for it started on fire after he read my post. I h ope it gets there right away, I always honestly miss his comments.
I do care so much for you all. You are medicine to my when I am feeling down. I am not quite positive, but I think my hives cleared up after reading some posts. See how calming and helpful you all are? Smile Smilie
Just to add to the sensitiveness of the thread...

Quote:
Becoming romantic: Loss

Thank ye Clover, I may have a soft side, it just seldom shows it's face...... and to just make LoA and Vir want to shoot themselves...

*Gives Clover a lucky four-leafed Clover* Orc Smiling Smilie

Ah Leelee, ever do you write so sweetly, it's like you are pouring a mountain of sugar over Vir's sour tongue Orc Grinning SmilieDead Smilie
Quote:
Oh the tears! Oh my ribs! Leelee is so nice and sweet, but watch out for her bat.

I've seen the bats several times this evening but it is so far from Clover or Leelee's behaviour
Love them both
Lord of All, I don't think Clover or Leelee live in ignorance or that their optimism is blind. Its more like a real understanding of human beings. All humans have some things in common no matter how unique each of us is. You may not be inspired to feelings of tenderness by the same things that make others feel that way but I'm sure you are capable of those emotions. My husband has terribly harsh feelings about the 9-11 horrors and I don't know if he'll ever be able to forgive but when we had to have our dog put to sleep he cried almost as much as I did.

Tolkien's books are wonderful because they're so complex. You may like the action/adventure aspect while others are touched by the beauty of the characters and the camraderie. You're still one of us, LoA! And a valued one.

All of this reminds me of my crusty old great-uncle. He once heard the comment that 'it takes all kinds to make a world' and gruffly responded that he didn't know if it took them all but "they were all sure here!" He had his softer side too, though, and would take my cousin and I for rides in his old truck. It was Bonnie-and-Clyde vintage where the fenders and headlights were huge and I remember going slowly down the road sitting on a headlight and standing in the bed with my hair streaming out behind. We thought we were going really fast but now I know he was very slow and careful with us.
I don't know bin-Laden very well, and I guess I'm glad about that. But you never know. I find it hard to believe that a human being could be completely hard and harsh. It's just imbalanced. Everyone's gotta be yin and yang, not yin or yang. I mean, there's got to be something in life a person cares about; otherwise, he may as well just commit suicide and stop living so pointlessly.

Thank ye kindly, Loss. These are harsh times right now. I have been mired in forms and assessments and all that other kind of stuff you need to deal with when you're under some super-bureaucratic organization... Four is my lucky number...

Someday, ho yes, someday, LoA is going to slay the dragon for some maiden in distress, and he'll find a tender side to him... haha...and the same with Vir.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>