Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The New Planet-Tolkien.com

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website News > The New Planet-Tolkien.com   << [1] [2]
HOLA!
My name is Ana, and I live in Mexico (Chihuahua City, to be more accurate). I really enjoy your website, being that I'm a BIG fan of Tolkien's literature.
Congratulations on your work, and keep it up!!. please.....
Gracias ..... Elf Winking Smilie
Quote:
I just noticed that in many threads the initial (opening) post is missing now. Examples: some threads initiated by me in "Characters": Beren, Faramir, Turin son of Hurin. Will these initial posts be retrieved, or are they definitely lost?

Myself and Grondy have been working at restoring the missing posts in the Silmarillion Reading Discussion section and have now completed all twelve assignments. I have since restored a few other opening posts elsewhere too, but it is a slow, labourious process. With over 2000 threads on the board, many will not get completed. Personally, I am concentrating the time I have available to move those posts lost in the Tolkien sections, rather than those posts lost in the various taverns. Even so, for the time being it is only the more interesting/vital posts that are being restored.

Hello Analaura , make a post in one of the "I'm New" threads in the Prancing Pony Tavern and we will welcome you there.
Hi Tarrant & co. Waving Hello Smilie

I'm not sure if this is the place I should be for this, but I followed the link in the 'welcome' mail that I received.....

Er.. That was about 1/2 hour ago as I started reading all these threads(?) in this section! Read Smilie

I think my purpose was to comment on something you (Tarrant) said in that mail... It was about the possibility of some members leaving now that the films were over.... And something you said about members who appreciate Tolkien's work & not just the commercial stuff...

Can I just say - Being a 'newbie' - I don't know what the site was like before but I like it as it is! The wee snags that come up don't bother me too much as I understand it's all new & work in progress - Best of luck with it.

Any hoo - my point....... I actually was a fan of Tolkien B4 the movies (since I was about 12) and as much as I thought Peter Jackson did the films well, I could never forget where it all came from, or rather, from whom - That Genius fella - JRRT!!

So, I suppose I just wanted to let you know that there is at least one wee woman out there (me) who has joined after the films but not because of them. Just glad to find others out there like myself &, even more so, people who I can learn from, regarding LOTR etc.

That's it! Sorry about the longevity of this thread(?) < Am I using the right word?!? Dunce Smilie

Take care, all.

Bye.
I've been a big fan of LoTR since I was about 12 as well but I didn't realise it had such a huge following *worldwide* until the films were released. I didn't realise there would be sites like this! Still, it's nice in this little world of mine.....

Good to have you about Legolaslass.
Welcome to Planet Tolkien, Legolaslass. I'm sure if you're a fan of Tolkien's works you'll soon settle in fine here. Look forward to seeing you around.
Haha. Great New New look! Smile Smilie It took me a while to realize I was at Planet Tolkien, I thought I hit the wrong link. But I like it.

Keeps getting better and better...
Thanks, the new design and layout was brought in to make the website easier to navigate, at least, that was the intention anyway Elf Smilie
Infinately easier to navigate!! Good job.

I just have 1 lingering problem though. I would like to see previous posts under the post I am currently working on so that I could read, select and quote things easier.

I like the "what are the message board post" thing, but if it could be a link or a hide-expand menu it would be cooler!

Thank you, and take your time!
Hey Taz, the new look is great! I really like it!

And I haven't been logged off once!
Agreed. It's all so easy peasy lemon squeezy!

And page numbers at the top...... lovely job, taz.
MITHRIL? Everything else is great, easy to navigate for numpties dont mean to whine BUT ( i will ) i still dont have any mithril since the first time i logged some ten days ago, is that right???

Sad Smilie Sad Smilie Sad Smilie
I am assuming that this has something to do with the "under construction" as I haven't collected any mithril either. I have also noticed that I stay logged in forever, if I neglect to log out before exiting. I was thinking that might be the reason I wasn't collecting any as I would not have a unique login. Anywho, I shall just be patient until our dear and esteemed over worked leader completes the construction phase.
So far, I like very much. Much easier to navigate. Smile Smilie
I love the new Planet-Tolkien! I don't have any problems with staying logged in or anything of the sort Happy Elf Smilie
You should all be collecting Mithril okay again now, also you don't have to logout and in again now to register a unique day, just browse to "Account Home" and it should all work fine.

I have given you all 20 pieces of mithril on top of your existing total to make up for the bug.
Great job Taz! It's getting better all of the time! Happy Elf Smilie
Quote:
And I haven't been logged off once!

I've been using a different browser for a while now to overcome this problem so haven't noticed any difference. There seems to be an absense of many of the old members, however, which I thought was possibly due to this logging-out problem. Hopefully (fingers crossed) if Taz has managed to sort out the problem, we will see many of them return to us.

I must admit, when I saw the new design I almost went into shock. I'd just spent a week and half off-line with PC troubles and the first place I came to when I got it fixed was here (naturally). When everything looked so different to how I had left it, I assumed my machine was still playing up.

Looking good though, Taz. It's getting better all the time.
Thanking you Master Taz *bows*

For the mithril, feel like a grubby street-urchin n that..."please sir can i have some m..." *smack*

"NO YOU MAY NOT YA DIRTY LIL SNAGA!"
I have gotten used to the white background now and receive Mithril without having to log in twice in a row, nice long New Posts list which is visible on all pages, easy to navigate... Very very nice work Tazzy! As always! Orc Smiling Smilie
Me concurs to the speakings of the black cat! Smile Smilie

A softer chair now, and I could live in here.. Any spare room Vee? Animated Wink Smilie

Well done! Thumbs Up Smilie
Great job Taz & co! The new pt is much easier to navigate, and although the white background took some getting used to, it's fine. I'm looking forward to exploring all the new features!

I still keep getting logged out, though less often than in the past. Cool Smilie
what color was the old background?
Green. Smile Smilie
Etharion
Posted Wednesday 28th April 2004
Quote:
I cannt wait for the new release of PT !!! Its going to be GREAT !!!! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
This IS the new PT Etharion, but it will be even better as time goes by and Tarrant adds more features to this site. Big Smile Smilie
Thats what im talking about. Im sorry , it seems that the thing i wanted to say was a bit misswriten by me.
  << [1] [2]