Thread: ADTFTN planning
<<     
Is that good for you?
Thorin, it's your turn to post. Can you do it soon, please?
EDIT: That's strange. It's not on fire in the Forums bar to the right, but in the Roleplaying Guilds section it is. Wonder why that might be?
And I'd prefer that Revenwyn joined after the council scene is finished, to avoid interrupting the flow of the story.
So this is probably how it's going to go in the near future:
• Council scene finishes, Fornad sends off many of his Rangers to keep an eye out for the orc scouts.
• Shadow posts as Aragorn. He's in Anorien, in a camp where the seven thousand troops are gathering. He's watching men marching past his tent, then turns back inside, where Etharion, his son, is standing (remember that's he's half-man, half-elf, so his features will be finer and his ears slightly pointed). Aragorn says that he's worried that it's taking too long for the troops to gather, then he and Etharion have a conversation (the result being whatever you want).
• Eruheran posts as Wazt. The army is beginning to get hungry (Wazt is chewing on a bone, and cannabalism is breaking out), and the dragon arrives in the camp. It orders many of the Uruks (roughly 500) to go out from the camp and hunt a large herd of elk that it has spotted a way off. Around half of the Uruks, including Wazt, mount Wargs, and the other half run behind. They leave the camp, and travel to where the elk are. The Uruks and Wargs charge at the elk, knocking mamy of them down, and the ones on foot shoot the fallen animals with crossbows. End post with Wazt shouting 'Fresh meat!', or something.
• Revenwyn posts. She's living in Edoras with her people, when King Éomer recieves the plea for help from the north. She is summoned by him, and he tells her that he cannot leave Edoras, but asks her if she would lead seven hundred Rohirrim as his representative. She accepts it, and sends out messengers to the region of Rohan near Edoras for men and horses.
That's all I'll write today, but I'll keep on outlining it tommorow.
• Shadow posts as Aragorn. Seven thousand troops are gathered, and though he had hoped for more, the king knows he must move on. The army leaves the camp, and begins to set off northwest towards the Gap of Rohan. Lots of description of the army here (foot soldiers, archers, cavalry, the seven huge trebuchets, the shine of the sun on the silver Gondorian armour, Aragorn and his son riding at the front with their elite vanguard of Tower Guard, the huge noise of tramping feet and clanking metal, etc.).
Again, I'll do more tommorrow, since I'm on a roll!
It's still Thorin's turn to post, so we're waiting for him.
We're STILL waiting for Thorin to post......
I've got exams coming up in a week, but once they're over I'll be able to continue writing it.
Do you think I should post for Thorin now? It's getting a bit ridiculous that he's taking so long (I can find a reminder for this long-awaited post on the 9th of May, for example).
Actually, we're just restarting college, and are taking summer classes to get ahead of the game.
I was just on the chat with Grisnákh, and he says that he would like to take the role of King Elessar. Since Icefangs and Shadow have both gone, I think this is fine.
Any thoughts (if any of you are still there)?
Then it'll be time for your first post, Gris.
Quick guide to what your post should be about:
Aragorn (call him Aragorn when you write about him, but his men will address him as 'King Elessar' or 'your Highness', and Etharion will address him as 'father') is in Anorien, in a camp where the seven thousand troops are gathering. He's watching men marching past his royal tent, then turns back inside, where Etharion, his son, is standing (remember that's he's half-man, half-elf, so his features will be finer and his ears slightly pointed). Aragorn says that he's worried that it's taking too long for the troops to gather, then he and Etharion have a conversation (the result being whatever you want, though it should be along the lines of how long it will take to get to the north and how they will defeat the army).
EDIT: I'm thinking of getting someone to replace Thorin at least temporarily, as he hasn't posted on any of the threads for ages now. Does anyone have a better idea?
I could always replace that missing Thorin guy
Glad you're back.
Hi Fornad, I was just on chat with Thorin because I wanted to join this thread, and he said come here.
So here I am!
I've read the whole thread and its really good, and I'd like to join as any character that you say I can, I don't mind as long as I have a place.
So... that's it.
Yes, Arann, of course you can join! We've been needing someone to be Aragorn for ages, so as the latest contender for the character seems to have vanished into the ether you can have his place.
Look up this page a bit, and you'll see my instructions to him. Is that role fine with you?
Yes, thats fine. I'll try and do the post later on.
Is it OK? I'm sure about the Etharion/Eldarion thing.
Wow, yes Arann, that's very good. And I'll go back and edit Icefangs' previous post to change the name, I'm not sure where I got that preconception from.
The next post should be Eruheran. Eruheran, you'll describe the army destroying their camp and moving southwest. It's around 200 miles from the westernmost tip of the Ettenmoors to the North Downs, and at a solid march every day that would take about 6-8 days. At the present (remember, at the moment Aragorn is posting 3 weeks earlier), King Elessar's army is crossing the southern Brandywine and entering the old kingdom of Arthedain, so that should time things nicely.
Fornad has a fancy "Beware of Fornad" Sign.
Who do I ask to become Moderator of the Barad-Durish inn?
Anyway, So I am just destroying the Camp and setting off?
Well, the army will, but yes, that's the general idea.
I just got these four threads for moderation given to me in an email by the Council, so I imagine you have to get in their good books first.