Message Board | Rules

Thread:

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush >   << [1] [2]
Approx 4 inches - is this correct
A bit less I think, but I have lost the place I found it. Got The Blues Smilie
Grondy, Grondy, Grondy. I thought civil servants were all careful and never lost things? and if they did, they made sound excuses for it. What's your excuse? MWAHAHA!!! I still can't get over the fact you were a civil servant!!!
Grindy - Should I take a turn or do you want another go?
Go ahead Maydmarion, start another one. By the way, I think the correct answer was three inches but I can no longer find the actual text where Tolkien gave us that information.

(I'll even answer to 'Grundy', though I won't like it as much as Grandy.) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I'm making a lot of mistakes tonight, sorry Grondy, think I had better go to bed now.....

Firstly, here is the question....

What is the other Hobbitish name for The Oldbucks Question Smilie

well... night night for now... Fast Asleep Smilie
That was the name of the Brandybucks before they crossed the river and established Brandyhall.

What major work of scholarship did Bilbo produce in Rivendell Question Smilie
Quote:
That was the name of the Brandybucks before they crossed the river and established Brandyhall.

The answer was Zaragamba - maybe I didn't phrase the question right...
Do you consider the translation of Elvish works and history into Westron a work of scholarship? Or do you mean the book Learn Elvish in 1 week which he had written?
Quote:
Do you consider the translation of Elvish works and history into Westron a work of scholarship?
Yes I do. As is stated in the Prologue to LotR:
Quote:
But the chief importance of Findegil's copy [of The Red Book of Westmarch] is that it alone contained the whole of Bilbo's 'Translations from the Elvish'. These three volumes were found to be a work of great skill and learning in which, between 1403 and 1418, he had used all the sources available to him in Rivendell, both living and written. But since they were little used by Frodo, being almost entirely concerned with the Elder Days, no more is said of them here.
Teacher Smilie
So Lord_aragorn86 has the honor of giving the next question. Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
Thank you!

(Ahem) In The Hobbit, which sport was invented by Bilbo's ancestors and how did it get invented?
Hey there ,I have to say that I never knew there was any sports in those days.Would you please tell me ?
Ah Mellon (pun intended), erm...this is a quiz so I'm not supposed to be the one giving the answers since I posted the queston last. Anyways, welcome to PT. And have lots of fun. Check the site and enjoy it. And answer the question!
Golf, because Bandobras (Bullroarer) Took, who was big enough to ride a horse, fought Golfimbul at the battle of Greenfields and knocked his head off. And as it happened it went down a rabbit hole, thus winning the battle and inventing golf in one go!
Absolutely right Gwaihir! Now its your turn to test our Tolkien Trivial knowledge with your next question. Aah! The Eagle's questions are coming!
Ahem. (sound of throat spray) Which two of Faramir's rangers stood guard over Frodo and Sam in Ithilien? (or is that too easy?)
Mablung and Damrod
You got it Fingolfin, so you may give us the next question. Please. Happy Elf Smilie
  << [1] [2]