Message Board | Rules

Thread: PT for sale....

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website General Discussion > PT for sale....   << [1] [2]
Put those thumb clamps away, Vee.... At least until they get here.
Soooo...I wasn't around during this time...ANYONE WANNA GIVE ME AN UPDATE?!?!?!
No read Ant/Grep's introduction Hi I'm Ant & I'm The New Owner And please don't post to two year old threads just to be posting; if you really have something meaningful to add, do so; but don't make us open threads for nothing. Please. Moderator Smilie

Sorry, if this sounded grumpy, I didn't get enough sleep last night.
sorry...
You may or may not have read Grep's update in the thread Hi I'm Ant & I'm The New Owner, for those of you who haven't:

Quote:
Quick update: Two days ago an anonymous buyer purchased PT for an undisclosed sum. New management is in effect as of today. Best wishes, Grep.

I'm going to keep my identity a secret for a while longer, but it will be announced soon! First order of the day has been to remove all of the advertisements (they won't be coming back, ever) from around the website, and reintroduce the mithril currency, and as a consequence the postal rates/charges and weather system.

Weather Forecast
Postal Rates/Charges

Lots more updates coming over the next few months, including a new interactive RPG element before the summer and much, much more Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
So much for it being a surprise, Amari’ worked it out within half-a-day Elf Smilie
Nice work Tarrant! It's great to have a use for mithril finally!
Changes? PT sold? I think I'm going into shock! Not being sarcastic, either.. Please tell me all my friends will still be here!

Quick question, though, will basic navigation of the site be improved any? For instance: when you want to visit a thread you must first go to the beginning page, one can't go directly to the last post. Other sites I visit are "powered by V-Bulletin" or something and those all have very easy navigation setups. One thing I would especially like is to be able to read posts I'm responding to while typing. This would be very helpful to my aging brain :-) Not meaning any criticism, I love PT, just a suggestion.

Also best wishes and many thanks to Grep, and many best wishes and thanks also to the new owner! Your health sir!
And I just read your post on the Council news Tarrant. Some of the things sound brilliant though I have many questions to ask. But that can wait until things settle a bit.

But in the meanwhile..........

WELCOME BACK HOME! Orc Grinning Smilie
Tarrant, do I know you by another name??
welcome back bro, hopefully you'll be able to get things moving again Jumping Flame Smilie
Read this Sian Wink Smilie

http://www.planet-tolkien.com/council_news/read/30
I see! Thank you, Thorin!

This all sounds really exciting! I think I'm too new a member to remember you from before Tarrant, so I'll say I'm pleased to make your acquaintance now Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
Quote:
So much for it being a surprise, Amari’ worked it out within half-a-day Elf Smilie

Elementary, my dear Watson! It was either you or a very well made clone! Ha Ha Ha Smilie But I'm sure the other "oldies" would have recognized you too.

It's good to see you, fluffy fraggle king/Taz/Tarrant/Dawson. And how fitting it is that the third book of the PT ownership saga can be called the Return of the King? I

If you are reading Grep/Ant: I hope you will stop by and say hi. You too had many ideas and visions for this site, I'm sad you weren't able to bring them to life. And thank you for paying the bills so we all still could be here, even if you didn't have time to spend here yourself.
Quote:
Changes? PT sold? I think I'm going into shock! Not being sarcastic, either.. Please tell me all my friends will still be here!

Well, more kind of bought back Smile Smilie I built the website that you know and use today, about 12 years ago. There is more information here. I can confirm your friends will still be here and only further improvements will be forthcoming!

Quote:
Quick question, though, will basic navigation of the site be improved any?

Absolutely, I will start looking into this next week.

Quote:
WELCOME BACK HOME!

Why thank you, it's good to be back Smile Smilie

Quote:
Tarrant, do I know you by another name??

Maybe Taz? That was how I was originally known here.

Quote:
And how fitting it is that the third book of the PT ownership saga can be called the Return of the King

Return of the King fraggle indeed I
It's now better than when grep was here Big Smile Smilie

Orc Grinning Smilie
Welcome back, Taz!!!!!! *goes to closet to dig out Planet-Tolkien hoodie*
Nell*hugs* whatcha been up to luv?
OMG!

Great to see you back Taz and I'm looking forward to your updates with the site. It is too good a place to allow to stagnate.

My apologies to everyone here for my neglect but 4 years on and I am still trying to get the divorce finalised. It has been very draining but hopefully will be over soon. (How many times have I said that?)

Anyway, thanks to Grep for looking after the site and it's a shame some of his ideas didn't come to fruition and good luck to Taz for the future. I hope to be back on a more regular basis soon.

Ooooooh it's exciting! Indeed it is The Return of the King!
Hey Vee, Welcome back!! Smile Smilie
Welcome home, Taz Big Smile Smilie

With married life and my work, I've not been around much more than yourself over the past few years, but it's good to see you back. I remember fondly the days when the council members were discussing the possibility of having to bust you out of jail following our copywrite issues. Hopefully it won't come to that again. Rolling Eyes Smilie
*hugs* Val

Don't you believe it, I have all sorts of mischief planned for 2010 I
Taz has come back after years of absence, attracting other veteran members to have a nosey;

When one takes the first step, the rest follow!!

Good to see you all are drawn to PT still Orc Smiling Smilie
Quote:
attracting other veteran members to have a nosey

Attracted? More like summoned I

I blame myself for disappearing, however, now I'm back, so must they return. We have much to do this year! Good Morning Smilie
This is all too much for me. I shall quietly to Lothlorien and rest a while and think. But if you are the first, then whoo hoo. I am very glad to meet you.
Welcome back.
Again?

Edited by Taz: Removed link to stop confusing or panic!
No no no, don't panic. I was testing the water because I wanted to raise some equity to help fund the development of the PT RPG game I'm writing, it's not going anywhere, I managed to borrow some money from family and the auction has been ended! I didn't buy back PT only to sell it again Smile Smilie

I'm locking this thread as the PT for sale thing is an old topic and there are much better and active threads that deserve more attention, also to avoid confusion/panic on the subject.
  << [1] [2]